Translate This Website Into Your Language
Afrikaans Albanian Amharic Arabic Armenian Azerbaijani Basque Belarusian Bengali Bosnian Bulgarian Catalan Cebuano Chichewa Chinese (Simplified) Chinese (Traditional) Corsican Croatian Czech Danish Dutch English Esperanto Estonian Filipino Finnish French Frisian Galician Georgian German Greek Gujarati Haitian Creole Hausa Hawaiian Hebrew Hindi Hmong Hungarian Icelandic Igbo Indonesian Irish Italian Japanese Javanese Kannada Kazakh Khmer Korean Kurdish (Kurmanji) Kyrgyz Lao Latin Latvian Lithuanian Luxembourgish Macedonian Malagasy Malay Malayalam Maltese Maori Marathi Mongolian Myanmar (Burmese) Nepali Norwegian Pashto Persian Polish Portuguese Punjabi Romanian Russian Samoan Scottish Gaelic Serbian Sesotho Shona Sindhi Sinhala Slovak Slovenian Somali Spanish Sudanese Swahili Swedish Tajik Tamil Telugu Thai Turkish Ukrainian Urdu Uzbek Vietnamese Welsh Xhosa Yiddish Yoruba Zulu
- Galatians 5:16 Wednesday, 16 January, 2019“So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh.”
Hawai’i Volcanoes National Park
QUOTE OF THE WEEK: It is never too late to be what you might have been. George Eliot (1819 – 1880).
Search This Blog
infinitusNow is your integrated digital marketing partner with strategic and creative solutions that help your business reach its fullest potential. We work in areas as diverse as search engine optimization, social media marketing, email marketing and digital marketing.
THE HUMAN BRAIN: More than 100,000 chemical reactions happen in the human brain every second.
- Alert - Drug-Resistant Infections in Mexico Wednesday, 9 January, 2019Recently, some US residents returning from Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico, were diagnosed with infections caused by an antibiotic-resistant form of Pseudomonas aeruginosa bacteria.
- Watch - Lunar New Year Wednesday, 9 January, 2019The Year of the Pig begins on February 5, 2019, and many people will travel to Asia to celebrate the Lunar New Year. If you plan to travel to Asia to visit friends or relatives or participate in the festivities, you can take some simple precautions to help you stay safe and healthy.
ASTRONOMY PICTURE OF THE DAY: IC 342: The Hidden Galaxy. Image Credit & Copyright: Arturas Medvedevas. IC 342 is a mere 10 million light-years in the northern constellation Camelopardalis. IC 342’s light is dimmed and reddened by intervening cosmic clouds, obscuring the galaxy’s own dust, young star clusters, and glowing pink star forming regions along spiral arms that wind far from the galaxy’s core. IC 342 may have undergone a recent burst of star formation activity and is close enough to have gravitationally influenced the evolution of the local group of galaxies and the Milky Way.
- NASA Astronaut, Crewmates Return to Earth After 197-Day Mission in Space Thursday, 20 December, 2018Three members of the International Space Station’s Expedition 57 crew, including NASA astronaut Serena Auñón-Chancellor, returned to Earth Thursday, safely landing at 12:02 a.m. EST (11:02 a.m. local time) in Kazakhstan.
- NASA's InSight Takes Its First Selfie Tuesday, 11 December, 2018Two new image mosaics detail the lander's deck and "workspace" — the surface where it will eventually set down its science instruments.
- Fish story: How a coelacanth discovery set off a flurry of science, subterfuge Wednesday, 16 January, 2019A 65 million-year-old species keeps being found in unusual places.Olivia DeSmit
IMAGO DEI: Orang Asli are the indigenous people and the oldest inhabitants of Peninsular Malaysia. Officially, there are three main groups according to their different languages and customs: Semang or Negrito, generally confined to the northern portion of the peninsula; Senoi, residing in the central region; and, Proto-Malay or Aboriginal Malay, in the southern region.
- Turkey - Level 3: Reconsider Travel Wednesday, 16 January, 2019Last Update: Reissued after periodic review with changes to Level 4 areas and U.S. government restrictions on personnel. Reconsider travel to Turkey due to terrorism and arbitrary detentions. Some areas have increased risk. Read the entire Travel Advisory. Level 4 Areas - Do not travel to: Areas near the Syria and Iraq borders due to […]
- Venezuela - Level 3: Reconsider Travel Wednesday, 16 January, 2019Last Update: Reissued after periodic review with updates to information on consular access and neighborhoods within Caracas. Reconsider travel to Venezuela due to crime, civil unrest, poor health infrastructure, and arbitrary arrest and detention of U.S. citizens. Some areas have increased risk. Read the entire Travel Advisory. Do not travel: On roads after dark outside […]
NATIONAL FLAG OF PAKISTAN: The national flag of Pakistan was adopted on August 11, 1947. The flag is a green field with a white crescent moon and five-rayed star at its centre, and a vertical white stripe at the hoist side. The green represents Islam and the majority Muslims in Pakistan and the white stripe represents religious minorities and minority religions. In the centre, the crescent and star symbolizes progress and light respectively.
- Kenya Wednesday, 16 January, 2019Latest update: Summary - updated information and advice relating to the terrorist attack in the Riverside area of Nairobi on 15/16 January; the British High Commission Nairobi will reopen for routine business on Thursday 17 January; addition of link to information on support available to those affected by the incidentGOV.UK
- Cape Verde Wednesday, 16 January, 2019Latest update: Entry requirements section (Visas) - correction to existing information on maximum duration of visa-free stay in Cape Verde; from 1 January 2019, if you have a British Citizen passport you can enter Cape Verde as a visitor for stays of up to 30 days without a visaGOV.UK
WORK OF ART: This ancient Byzantine Nativity picture, Mosaics of the Capella Palatina in Palermo, Sicily, has survived as a fresco made from coloured glass and stone fragments, on a high wall, and hence not subject to damp or vandals. Dated 1150 AD, the artist is simply labelled as Master of the Palace Chapel. Mary and Jesus are central in this composite picture, surrounded by singing angels, shepherds with gifts, the Three Wise Men, a perturbed Joseph waking from his dream of danger, and Salome and the midwife.
- next to nothingIf something costs next to nothing, it costs very little, or nearly nothing.