The RHS Chelsea Flower Show, sponsored by M&G Investments, from 21st to 25th May 2019, is the place to see cutting-edge garden designs, new plants and find ideas to take home. The Chelsea Flower Show has been held in the grounds of the Royal Hospital Chelsea, London every year since 1913, apart from gaps during the two World Wars. Once Britain’s largest flower show (it has now been overtaken by RHS Hampton Court Palace Flower Show), it is still the most prestigious.
- The RHS Chelsea Flower Show is organised by the Royal Horticultural Society which was founded in 1804.
- In 1927 there was a campaign to get the RHS to ban foreign exhibits from RHS Chelsea to reduce competition with British firms. The RHS refused saying, ‘horticulture knows nothing of nationality.’
- In 1932 the rain at the Show was so severe that a summer house display fell to pieces. One very wet year an exhibitor named it ‘The Chelsea Shower Flow.’
- The Great Pavilion is roughly 11,775 square metres or 2.90 acres, enough room to park 500 London buses.
- Of the firms that exhibited at the first Show in 1913, three can still be seen at the Show today: McBean’s Orchids, Blackmore & Langdon and Kelways Plants.
About the show’s sponsor:
M&G Investments has been the exclusive headline sponsor of the RHS Chelsea Flower Show since 2010. We’re proud to enable gardening enthusiasts nationwide to experience the very best in horticulture through our sponsorship of the world’s greatest flower show. M&G’s partnership with the RHS is a natural fit because we know that you often need help and advice from gardening experts to help achieve your goals and we believe it is the same for investing and using expert help to achieve financial goals. Through our partnership with the RHS, M&G provides you with help and guidance to grow not just your investments but your garden too. Credit: RHS.
Read the Royal Horticultural Society’s Website Here:
Read Article Here: