Mark was one of the most talented pastors our church had ever hired. He had two advanced degrees (two more than anyone else on staff), but he was no out-of-touch academic. Gregarious and personable, he was equally confident preaching or leading worship. But preaching is where he excelled. One time,Continue reading
- Psalm 119:165 Sunday, 25 August, 2019“Great peace have those who love your law, and nothing can make them stumble.”
Lake Clark National Park
Most Viewed Posts Today
Search This Blog
- up to your neck | up to your eyeballsIf you're up to your neck in something, or up to your eyeballs in something, you've got too much of it and it's become a problem.
QUOTE OF THE WEEK: In the long run, the sharpest weapon of all is a kind and gentle spirit. Anne Frank (1929 – 1945).
- Watch - Malaria in Burundi Thursday, 22 August, 2019There is a malaria epidemic in Burundi, a country in central Africa. To prevent malaria infection, travelers should take prescription medicine and take steps to prevent mosquito bites.
- Alert - Polio in Papua New Guinea Wednesday, 21 August, 2019There is an outbreak of polio in Papua New Guinea. CDC recommends that all travelers to Papua New Guinea be fully vaccinated against polio.
- Chile - Level 1: Exercise Normal Precautions Friday, 23 August, 2019Exercise normal precautions in Chile. Read the Safety and Security section on the country information page. If you decide to travel to Chile: Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency. Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter Review the […]
- Hungary - Level 1: Exercise Normal Precautions Thursday, 22 August, 2019Exercise normal precautions in Hungary. Read the Safety and Security section on the country information page. If you decide to travel to Hungary: Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency. Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter. Review the […]
THE FLAG OF SOMALIA: Adopted on October 12, 1954, the five-pointed white Star of Unity in its centre represents the areas where the Somali ethnic group has traditionally resided, namely Djibouti, Somaliland, the Ogaden region in Ethiopia, the North Eastern Province in Kenya, and southern Somalia. The light blue backdrop was influenced by the flag of the United Nations, in recognition of the UN’s role in Somalia’s transition to independence. It now officially denotes the sky as well as the Gulf of Aden, Guardafui Channel and the Somali Sea, which flank the country.
- Martinique Sunday, 25 August, 2019Summary - Tropical Storm Dorian is forecast to affect the eastern Caribbean from Tuesday 27 August; you should exercise due caution and monitor local news and weather reportsGOV.UK
- Guadeloupe Sunday, 25 August, 2019Summary - Tropical Storm Dorian is forecast to affect the eastern Caribbean from Tuesday 27 August; you should exercise due caution and monitor local news and weather reportsGOV.UK
- NASA Invites Media to Silicon Valley Center for Celebration of Women Leaders Friday, 23 August, 2019Media are invited to join NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine, astronaut Megan McArthur and several special guests, including House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and U.S. Rep. Anna Eshoo, for a Women's Equality Day event Monday, Aug. 26 at NASA's Ames Research Center in California’s Silicon Valley.