1 Silicon Valley’s cold war with the EU heats up At the beginning of 2019, as at the start of 2018, Margrethe Vestager remains the most powerful woman in tech. The EU competition commissioner has the world’s biggest companies walking on tiptoe, afraid of her habit of enforcing competition law whereContinue reading
- Proverbs 15:23 Tuesday, 22 October, 2019“A person finds joy in giving an apt reply— and how good is a timely word!”
Mammoth Cave National Park
Most Viewed Posts Today
Search This Blog
- put the brakes onIf you put the brakes on something, you stop it or slow it down.
QUOTE OF THE WEEK: Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Steve Jobs (1955 – 2011).
- Alert - Ebola in Democratic Republic of the Congo Friday, 18 October, 2019There is an outbreak of Ebola in the North Kivu (Kivu Nord) and Ituri provinces in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC).
- Watch - Dengue in the Mediterranean Region Wednesday, 9 October, 2019Locally acquired dengue virus infection has been reported in France and Spain. The risk of infection to travelers to the Mediterranean region is low.
- Afghanistan - Level 4: Do Not Travel Tuesday, 22 October, 2019Do not travel to Afghanistan due to crime, terrorism, civil unrest, kidnapping, and armed conflict. Travel to all areas of Afghanistan is unsafe because of critical levels of kidnappings, hostage taking, suicide bombings, widespread military combat operations, landmines, and terrorist and insurgent attacks, including attacks using vehicle-borne, magnetic, or other improvised explosive devices (IEDs), suicide vests, […]
- Peru - Level 2: Exercise Increased Caution Tuesday, 22 October, 2019Exercise increased caution in Peru due to crime and terrorism. Some areas have increased risk. Read the entire Travel Advisory. Do not travel to: The Colombian - Peruvian border area in the Loreto Region due to crime. The Valley of the Apurímac, Ene, and Mantaro Rivers (VRAEM), including areas within the Departments of Ayacucho, Cusco, Huancavelica, and […]
THE FLAG OF SWEDEN: It consists of a yellow Nordic cross on a field of blue. The Nordic cross design traditionally represents Christianity. Blue and yellow have been used as Swedish colours at least since Magnus III’s royal coat of arms of 1275.
- Myanmar (Burma) Tuesday, 22 October, 2019The FCO no longer advise against all but essential travel to the town of Pyin Oo Lwin in Mandalay Region; information and advice reviewed and updated across all sectionsGOV.UK
- Chile Tuesday, 22 October, 2019Summary – updated factual information on curfews and potential strikes on 23 and 24 OctoberGOV.UK
- NASA Administrator Invites Public to Update on Agency’s Return to Moon Tuesday, 22 October, 2019The public is invited to join NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine at 9:40 a.m. EDT Friday, Oct. 25, for an update on the agency’s Artemis program and the critical role international partnerships have in returning astronauts to the Moon and going on to Mars.
- Maryland, Washington Students to Speak with NASA Astronaut Aboard Space Station Tuesday, 22 October, 2019Students from Maryland and Washington, D.C., will have an opportunity this week to talk with a NASA astronaut currently living and working aboard the International Space Station.