Credits: Associated Press, The Guardian, NASA/JPL-Caltech/University of Arizona, Reuters, Stringer Network.
Translate This Website Into Your Language
Afrikaans Albanian Amharic Arabic Armenian Azerbaijani Basque Belarusian Bengali Bosnian Bulgarian Catalan Cebuano Chichewa Chinese (Simplified) Chinese (Traditional) Corsican Croatian Czech Danish Dutch English Esperanto Estonian Filipino Finnish French Frisian Galician Georgian German Greek Gujarati Haitian Creole Hausa Hawaiian Hebrew Hindi Hmong Hungarian Icelandic Igbo Indonesian Irish Italian Japanese Javanese Kannada Kazakh Khmer Korean Kurdish (Kurmanji) Kyrgyz Lao Latin Latvian Lithuanian Luxembourgish Macedonian Malagasy Malay Malayalam Maltese Maori Marathi Mongolian Myanmar (Burmese) Nepali Norwegian Pashto Persian Polish Portuguese Punjabi Romanian Russian Samoan Scottish Gaelic Serbian Sesotho Shona Sindhi Sinhala Slovak Slovenian Somali Spanish Sudanese Swahili Swedish Tajik Tamil Telugu Thai Turkish Ukrainian Urdu Uzbek Vietnamese Welsh Xhosa Yiddish Yoruba Zulu
- John 10:28-30 Sunday, 21 April, 2019“I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. I and the Father are one.””
Joshua Tree National Park
QUOTE OF THE WEEK: There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing. Aristotle (384 – 322 BC).
Most Viewed Posts Today
Search This Blog
Safely Explore This Blog
- NASA Celebrates Earth Day with Social Media, Public Events Thursday, 18 April, 2019This Earth Day, April 22, NASA invites you to celebrate our beautiful home planet by participating in a global social media event and local events around the country.
Current Bits & Pieces of News
- 5 ways you can help endangered species today Thursday, 18 April, 2019Human Nature asked five Conservation International experts for their best tips to help endangered species.Olivia DeSmit
- Alert - Drug-Resistant Infections in Patients Who Had Weight-Loss Surgery in Mexico Wednesday, 17 April, 2019Some US residents returning from Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico, have been diagnosed with infections caused by an antibiotic-resistant form of Pseudomonas aeruginosa bacteria. (weight loss surgery, bariatric, Tijuana, Mexico, Grand View Hospital, VIM, carbapenemase)
THE FLAG OF RWANDA: The flag of Rwanda was adopted on October 25, 2001. The flag has four colours: blue, green, yellow, and gold. The blue band represents happiness and peace; the yellow band, economic development, and the green band, the hope of prosperity. The gold sun represents enlightenment.
- Republic of the Congo - Level 2: Exercise Increased Caution Thursday, 18 April, 2019Exercise increased caution in the Republic of the Congo due to crime and civil unrest. Reconsider Travel To: The southern and western districts of the Pool Region due to potential civil unrest. While not common, violent crime, such as armed robbery and assault, remains a concern throughout the Republic of the Congo. Political demonstrations […]
- Oman - Level 1: Exercise Normal Precautions Tuesday, 16 April, 2019Exercise normal precautions in Oman. Some areas have increased risk. Read the entire Travel Advisory. Do not travel to: The Yemen border area due to terrorism and armed conflict. Read the Safety and Security section on the country information page. If you decide to travel to Oman: Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make […]
WORK OF ART: Guernica is the most famous painting by Pablo Picasso and is considered one of the most brilliant anti-war artworks. On 26th April 1937, during the Spanish Civil War, Guernica, was bombed by Nazi German and Fascist Italian warplanes on the request of Spanish Nationalists. On the left, a wide-eyed bull stands above a woman grieving over a dead child in her arms. The centre is dominated by a horse falling in agony as if struck by a weapon. Towards the right of the dismembered soldier is a frightened female figure which appears to have floated into the room through a window. From the right, an awe-struck woman staggers towards the centre.
- Sri Lanka Sunday, 21 April, 2019Latest update: There have been a number of explosions in Sri Lanka, including Colombo, on Sunday 21 April. Please follow the instructions of local security officials and follow travel advice for updates.GOV.UK
- Portugal Thursday, 18 April, 2019Latest update: Summary - Strike action by Portuguese fuel tank drivers ended on 18 April; until the availability of fuel returns to normal, travel within Portugal may be affectedGOV.UK
- keep up with the JonesesPeople who try to keep up with the Joneses are people who feel it's important to show that they're as successful as others (such as their rich neighbours, "The Joneses").