Credit: China Stringer Network, The Guardian, International Bird Photographer of the Year 2018, International Garden Photographer of the Year, International Photographer of the Year, National Geographic Society, Reuters.
Translate This Website Into Your Language
Afrikaans Albanian Amharic Arabic Armenian Azerbaijani Basque Belarusian Bengali Bosnian Bulgarian Catalan Cebuano Chichewa Chinese (Simplified) Chinese (Traditional) Corsican Croatian Czech Danish Dutch English Esperanto Estonian Filipino Finnish French Frisian Galician Georgian German Greek Gujarati Haitian Creole Hausa Hawaiian Hebrew Hindi Hmong Hungarian Icelandic Igbo Indonesian Irish Italian Japanese Javanese Kannada Kazakh Khmer Korean Kurdish (Kurmanji) Kyrgyz Lao Latin Latvian Lithuanian Luxembourgish Macedonian Malagasy Malay Malayalam Maltese Maori Marathi Mongolian Myanmar (Burmese) Nepali Norwegian Pashto Persian Polish Portuguese Punjabi Romanian Russian Samoan Scottish Gaelic Serbian Sesotho Shona Sindhi Sinhala Slovak Slovenian Somali Spanish Sudanese Swahili Swedish Tajik Tamil Telugu Thai Turkish Ukrainian Urdu Uzbek Vietnamese Welsh Xhosa Yiddish Yoruba Zulu
- Romans 15:2 Thursday, 23 May, 2019“Each of us should please our neighbors for their good, to build them up.”
Katmai National Park
QUOTE OF THE WEEK: Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power. Abraham Lincoln (1809 – 1865).
Most Viewed Posts Today
- UY Scuti, The Largest Known Star posted on Friday, 7 October, 2016 | under Astronomy
- Spring Blogging Break posted on Wednesday, 8 May, 2019 | under Humanities
- How Large is the Universe? posted on Sunday, 11 August, 2013 | under Astronomy
- The Indus Constellation posted on Friday, 3 August, 2018 | under Astronomy
- The Math Behind Successful Relationships posted on Friday, 15 February, 2019 | under Psychology
- Schizoid Personality Disorder posted on Wednesday, 26 September, 2018 | under Psychology
- Having Eternal Life posted on Wednesday, 27 April, 2016 | under Quotations
Search This Blog
Safely Explore This Blog
- kick the habitIf you kick the habit, you manage to stop doing something that has become a bad habit.
Current Bits & Pieces of News
- Watch - Monkeypox in Nigeria Tuesday, 21 May, 2019There is an ongoing outbreak of monkeypox in Nigeria. Travelers to Nigeria should protect themselves from monkeypox by washing hands often with soap and water, and avoiding contact with animals or people that may be sick.
- Alert - Ebola in Democratic Republic of the Congo Friday, 17 May, 2019There is an outbreak of Ebola in the North Kivu (Kivu Nord) and Ituri provinces in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC).
- Togo - Level 1: Exercise Normal Precautions Wednesday, 22 May, 2019Exercise normal precautions in Togo. Some areas have increased risk. Read the entire Travel Advisory. Reconsider Travel To: Northern border region adjacent to Burkina Faso due to potential for terrorism and kidnapping. Exercise Increased Caution In: Areas north of Kande due to potential for terrorism. The cities of Sokodé, Bafilo, and Mango due to civil […]
- Saudi Arabia - Level 2: Exercise Increased Caution Friday, 17 May, 2019Exercise increased caution in Saudi Arabia due to terrorism and the threat of missile and drone attacks on civilian targets. Do not travel to: Within 50 miles of the border with Yemen due to terrorism and armed conflict. Terrorist groups continue plotting possible attacks in Saudi Arabia. Terrorists may attack with little or no […]
THE FLAG OF SAMOA: The flag of Samoa was first adopted from February 24, 1949 for UN Trusteeships. It consists of a red field with a blue rectangle in the canton. The blue rectangle bears the constellation Southern Cross: four large white stars and one smaller star. In the Samoan flag, white is said to stand for purity, blue for freedom, and red for courage. No change was made in the national flag when the country became independent on January 1, 1962.
- Tanzania Thursday, 23 May, 2019Latest update: Summary and Local laws and customs section - As of 1 June 2019, plastic bags have been banned in Tanzania for environmental reasonsGOV.UK
- Belarus Thursday, 23 May, 2019Latest update: Summary - Northern Ireland take on Belarus in a Euro 2020 qualifying match in Borisov on Tuesday 11 June 2019; if you’re travelling to Belarus for the match, check our dedicated information and advice pageGOV.UK
Golden Snubbed-Nose Monkey
- As climate warms, Ecuador fights fires with forecasts Wednesday, 22 May, 2019An innovative tool combines weather forecasts with fire-tracking systems to create a "fire-weather forecast."Olivia DeSmit
- Climate-fighting beads, record-breaking CO2, fossil-fueled plastics: 3 big stories you might have missed Monday, 20 May, 2019Human Nature shares three stories from the past week that you should know about.Olivia DeSmit
- NASA Administrator to Make Artemis Moon Program Announcement, Media Teleconference Set Wednesday, 22 May, 2019NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine will make a significant announcement about the Artemis program’s lunar exploration plans at 1 p.m. EDT Thursday, May 23, at the Florida Institute of Technology. The remarks will be carried live on NASA Television and the agency’s website.
- NASA Invites Public to Submit Names to Fly Aboard Next Mars Rover Tuesday, 21 May, 2019Although it will be years before the first humans set foot on Mars, NASA is giving the public an opportunity to send their names — etched on microchips — to the Red Planet with NASA's Mars 2020 rover, which represents the initial leg of humanity’s first round trip to another planet.