Credits: The Guardian, National Geographic Society.
- 1 John 4:16 Sunday, 15 September, 2019“And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them.”
Lassen Volcanic National Park
Most Viewed Posts Today
Search This Blog
- cover your tracksIf you cover your tracks, you make sure no-one can find evidence of what you've done.
QUOTE OF THE WEEK: Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. Benjamin Franklin (1706 – 1790).
- Watch - Dengue in Africa and the Middle East Friday, 13 September, 2019Dengue is a risk in many parts of Africa and the Middle East. Some countries are reporting increased numbers of cases of the disease. Travelers to Africa and the Middle East can protect themselves by preventing mosquito bites.
- Watch - Dengue in Asia and the Pacific Islands Friday, 13 September, 2019Dengue is a risk in many parts of Asia and the Pacific Islands. Some countries are reporting increased numbers of cases of the disease. Travelers to Asia and the Pacific Islands can protect themselves by preventing mosquito bites.
- Norway - Level 1: Exercise Normal Precautions Friday, 13 September, 2019Exercise normal precautions in Norway. Read the Safety and Security section on the country information page. If you decide to travel to Norway: Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive travel alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency. Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter. Review the […]
THE FLAG OF SOUTH SUDAN: It was adopted in 2005, although the country became independent only in 2011. The flag bears striking similarities with both the flags of Sudan and Kenya. The horizontal black, white, red, and green bands of the flag share the same design as the Kenyan flag, and the Pan-African symbolism. Black represents the people of South Sudan; red, the blood that was shed for the independence of the country; green, the country’s agricultural, natural wealth,and land, as well as progress; white, South Sudan’s peace attained after many years of the liberation struggle; blue, the waters of the Nile River, a source of life for the country; and the yellow star, the unity of the states, hope, and determination for all people.
- Saudi Arabia Saturday, 14 September, 2019Summary, Safety and Security and Pilgimage Sections: Addition of information on potential threats to oil infrastructure and updated information on travel to Jeddah during the Hajj.GOV.UK
- NASA Funds CubeSat Pathfinder Mission to Unique Lunar Orbit Friday, 13 September, 2019NASA has awarded a $13.7 million contract to Advanced Space of Boulder, Colorado, to develop and operate a CubeSat mission to the same lunar orbit targeted for Gateway – an orbiting outpost astronauts will visit before descending to the surface of the Moon in a landing system as part of NASA’s Artemis program.