Translate This Blog:
- Hebrews 7:25 Thursday, 26 April, 2018“Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them.”
Gates of the Arctic National Park
Most Viewed Posts
- UY Scuti, The Largest Known Star posted on Friday, 7 October, 2016 | under Astronomy
- The Carina Constellation posted on Friday, 12 January, 2018 | under Astronomy
- Facial Disfigurement And Disability Hate Crime posted on Monday, 27 July, 2015 | under Humanitarian
- How To Talk With Your Dying Loved One posted on Thursday, 19 April, 2018 | under Psychology
- The Giant Squid posted on Thursday, 31 December, 2015 | under All Creatures Great & Small
Search This Blog
Bits & Pieces of World NewsMy Tweets
Astronomy Picture of the Day
Hubble's Jupiter and the Shrinking Great Red Spot.
Image Credit: NASA, ESA, Hubble, OPAL Program, STScI; Processing: Karol Masztalerz. Gas giant Jupiter is the solar system's largest world with about 320 times the mass of planet Earth, and it is home to one of the largest and longest lasting storm systems known, the Great Red Spot (GRS), visible to the left. Although it has been shrinking, it is so large it could swallow Earth. 150 years ago, the storm spans about one-third of the surface area of the planet. Modern GRS data indicate that the storm continues to constrict its surface area, but is also increasing vertically.
- NASA Invites Media to Briefing on Next Earth-Observing Mission Wednesday, 25 April, 2018NASA will host a media briefing at 1 p.m. EDT Monday, April 30, to discuss the upcoming launch of a mission that will provide unique insights into our planet’s changing climate and Earth system processes, and have far-reaching benefits to society, such as improving water resource management.
- NASA Engineers Dream Big with Small Spacecraft Thursday, 19 April, 2018The first CubeSat mission to deep space will launch in May.
The Human Brain
The human brain is extraordinarily complex and consequently can go awry in some spectacular ways. Some of the strangest disorders include exploding head syndrome disorder (hearing phantom explosions in your head), Capgras syndrome (thinking loved ones have been substituted by impostors, robots or aliens), and Cotard’s syndrome (believing you are dead).
- April 30 webinar: Transforming Your Practice Thursday, 26 April, 2018Expand your skills to work in new settings.
- WCN's Solar Project Partners with the Sahara Conservation Fund to Save North African Ostrichs Thursday, 5 April, 2018WCN's Solar Project, dedicated to providing solar energy to conservation projects in the remotest corners of the world, has partnered with the Sahara Conservation Fund (SCF), an international non-profit organization dedicated to conserving wildlife in the Sahara desert—to save the North African ostrich.Pooja
The Maya people are a group of Indigenous peoples of Mesoamerica. They inhabit southern Mexico, Guatemala, Belize, El Salvador and Honduras. The overarching term "Maya" is a collective designation to include the peoples of the region that share some degree of cultural and linguistic heritage. One of the largest groups of modern Maya can be found in Mexico's Yucatán State and the neighbouring states of Campeche, Quintana Roo and in Belize.
- Green alert for tropical cyclone FAKIR-18. Population affected by Category 1 (120 km/h) wind speeds or higher is 0. Wednesday, 25 April, 2018From 23/04/2018 to 25/04/2018, a Tropical Storm (maximum wind speed of 120 km/h) FAKIR-18 was active in SWIndian. The cyclone affects these countries: Mauritius, Miscellaneous (French) Indian Ocean Islands (vulnerability Medium). Estimated population affected by category 1 (120 km/h) wind speeds or higher is 0.
- Watch - Measles in Italy Tuesday, 24 April, 2018Health officials in Italy have reported an outbreak of measles. CDC recommends that travelers to Italy protect themselves by making sure they are vaccinated against measles.
National Flag of Liechtenstein
The flag of Liechtenstein consists of two horizontal blue and red bands charged with a gold crown at the canton. Adopted in 1921 after being officially enshrined into the nation's constitution, it has been the flag of the Principality of Liechtenstein since that year. The crown was added to the flag in 1937. The blue represents the sky, while red alludes to the "evening fires" that are lit inside houses throughout the country. The crown epitomizes the "unity of the people and their prince."
- Kyrgyzstan – Level 1: Tuesday, 24 April, 2018Exercise normal precautions in the Kyrgyz Republic. Read the Safety and Security section on the country information page. If you decide to travel to the Kyrgyz Republic: Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency. Follow the Department of State on Facebook […]
- Nicaragua – Level 3: Reconsider travel Monday, 23 April, 2018Reconsider travel to Nicaragua due to crime and civil unrest. On April 23, 2018, the U.S. government ordered the departure of U.S. government family members and authorized the departure of U.S. government personnel. Political rallies and demonstrations are occurring daily, often with little notice or predictability. Some protests result in injuries and deaths. Demonstrations typically […]
Work of Art
Eugène Galien-Laloue (1854–1941) was a French artist of French-Italian parents and was born in Paris on December 11, 1854. He was a populariser of street scenes, usually painted in autumn or winter, of the early 1900s, accurately representing the era in which he lived: a happy, bustling Paris, la Belle Époque, with horse-drawn carriages, trolley cars and its first omnibuses. Galien-Laloue's works are valued not only for their contribution to 20th-century art but for the actual history, which they document. The Paris Arc de Triomphe was painted in 1941. His work can be seen at the Musée des Beaux-Arts, Louvier; Musée des Beaux-Arts, La Rochelle; Mulhouse, France.
- meet someone halfwayIf you meet someone halfway, you compromise with them and agree to some of their demands, but not all of them, in order to come to an agreement.
- A Spirit ThingBilly Graham’s God-given vision for a magazine of “conviction and love.” Just before I traveled to Charlotte in March to attend the memorial service of our founder, Billy Graham, one of CT’s designers stopped by my office with a large manila envelope. “It’s from my grandfather,” she said. “He wanted you to have this.” This […]Harold Smith
Pray for Christians in Turkey
SYSTEMATIC HARASSMENT OF BELIEVERS ONGOING. Click on the image for more information.