Translate This Website Into Your Language
Afrikaans Albanian Amharic Arabic Armenian Azerbaijani Basque Belarusian Bengali Bosnian Bulgarian Catalan Cebuano Chichewa Chinese (Simplified) Chinese (Traditional) Corsican Croatian Czech Danish Dutch English Esperanto Estonian Filipino Finnish French Frisian Galician Georgian German Greek Gujarati Haitian Creole Hausa Hawaiian Hebrew Hindi Hmong Hungarian Icelandic Igbo Indonesian Irish Italian Japanese Javanese Kannada Kazakh Khmer Korean Kurdish (Kurmanji) Kyrgyz Lao Latin Latvian Lithuanian Luxembourgish Macedonian Malagasy Malay Malayalam Maltese Maori Marathi Mongolian Myanmar (Burmese) Nepali Norwegian Pashto Persian Polish Portuguese Punjabi Romanian Russian Samoan Scottish Gaelic Serbian Sesotho Shona Sindhi Sinhala Slovak Slovenian Somali Spanish Sudanese Swahili Swedish Tajik Tamil Telugu Thai Turkish Ukrainian Urdu Uzbek Vietnamese Welsh Xhosa Yiddish Yoruba Zulu
- Mark 8:36 Thursday, 20 June, 2019“What good is it for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul?”
Kenai Fjords National Park
QUOTE OF THE WEEK: What counts can’t always be counted; what can be counted doesn’t always count. Albert Einstein (1879 – 1955).
Most Viewed Posts Today
- Zinnia posted on Saturday, 15 June, 2019 | under Horticultural Wonders
- UY Scuti, The Largest Known Star posted on Friday, 7 October, 2016 | under Astronomy
- Facial Disfigurement And Disability Hate Crime posted on Monday, 27 July, 2015 | under Humanitarian
- Europe Failing A Generation Of Traumatised Children posted on Friday, 30 December, 2016 | under Psychology
- The Cygnus Constellation posted on Friday, 10 May, 2013 | under Astronomy
Search This Blog
Safely Explore This Blog
- You are what you eat.You can say "you are what you eat" when you want to point out the connection between food and health.
Current Bits & Pieces of News
- Watch - Global Measles Outbreak Notice Monday, 10 June, 2019Measles is in many countries and outbreaks of the disease are occurring around the world. Before you travel internationally, regardless of where you are going, make sure you are protected fully against measles.
- Watch - Hajj in Saudi Arabia Friday, 31 May, 2019The Hajj, or pilgrimage to Mecca, Saudi Arabia, is one of the world’s largest mass gatherings. In 2019, Hajj will take place August 9–14.
- Germany - Level 2: Exercise Increased Caution Wednesday, 19 June, 2019Exercise increased caution in Germany due to terrorism. Terrorist groups continue plotting possible attacks in Germany. Terrorists may attack with little or no warning, targeting tourist locations, transportation hubs, markets/shopping malls, local government facilities, hotels, clubs, restaurants, places of worship, parks, major sporting and cultural events, educational institutions, airports, and other public areas. Read the […]
- Burma (Myanmar) - Level 2: Exercise Increased Caution Tuesday, 18 June, 2019Exercise increased caution in Burma due to areas of civil unrest and armed conflict. Some areas have increased risk. Read the entire Travel Advisory. Do not travel to: Buthidaung, Kyauktaw, Maungdaw, Minbya, Mrauk- U, Ponnagyun, and Rathedaung townships in Rakhine State due to civil unrest and armed conflict. Paletwa township in Chin State due to civil unrest […]
THE FLAG OF SENEGAL: The flag, adopted in 1960 when the country gained its independence, is a tricolour consisting of three vertical green, yellow and red bands charged with a five-pointed green star at the centre. In Islam, the country’s majority religion, the green of both the first stripe and the star represent the colour of the Prophet. Yellow symbolised wealth and the progress of the country’s economy. Red recalls the blood sacrificed for the nation and the strong determination to fight against underdevelopment.
- Guinea-Bissau Thursday, 20 June, 2019Latest update: This advice has been reviewed in full; Summary and Safety and security section (Political situation) - on 18 June, the President announced his intention to hold Presidential elections on 24 November; in the run up to the elections, there may be an increase in protests, demonstrations and large public gatherings, which you should […]GOV.UK
- Djibouti Thursday, 20 June, 2019Latest update: This advice has been reviewed in full with editorial amendments throughoutGOV.UK
Golden Snubbed-Nose Monkey
- ‘Ecological SWAT team’ documents treasures from a lost city Thursday, 20 June, 2019A team of scientists completed a biological survey of the “White City” of Honduras, a recently discovered set of ancient ruins deep within the Mosquitia rainforest.Bruno Vander Velde
- Rising emissions, unstable markets, plant annihilation: 3 big stories you might have missed Monday, 17 June, 2019Human Nature shares three stories from the past week that you should know about.Trisha Calvarese
- NASA Television to Cover Departure, Landing of Astronaut Anne McClain and Space Station Crew Thursday, 20 June, 2019NASA astronaut Anne McClain and two crewmates on the International Space Station are scheduled to conclude their stay aboard the orbiting laboratory Monday, June 24.
- Coverage Set for NASA Tech Missions Launching on SpaceX Falcon Heavy Thursday, 20 June, 2019NASA Television coverage is scheduled for an upcoming prelaunch activity and first nighttime launch of a SpaceX Falcon Heavy rocket, which will be carrying four agency technology missions to help improve future spacecraft design and performance.