- Psalm 16:8 Tuesday, 20 August, 2019“I keep my eyes always on the LORD. With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken.”
Lake Clark National Park
Most Viewed Posts Today
Search This Blog
- pull out all the stopsIf you pull out all the stops, you do everything you can to make sure something is successful.
QUOTE OF THE WEEK: No man can become rich without himself enriching others. Andrew Carnegie (1835 – 1919).
- Alert - Ebola in Democratic Republic of the Congo Thursday, 8 August, 2019There is an outbreak of Ebola in the North Kivu (Kivu Nord) and Ituri provinces in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC).
- Warning - Health Infrastructure Breakdown in Venezuela Wednesday, 7 August, 2019CDC recommends that travelers avoid all nonessential travel to Venezuela. The country is experiencing outbreaks of infectious diseases, and adequate health care is currently not available in most of the country.
- Ethiopia - Level 2: Exercise Increased Caution Tuesday, 20 August, 2019Exercise increased caution when traveling in Ethiopia due to sporadic civil unrest and communications disruptions. Some areas have increased risk. Read the entire Travel Advisory. Do Not Travel To: Border area with Somalia due to potential for terrorism, kidnapping, and landmines. Border areas with Kenya, Sudan, South Sudan, and Eritrea due to crime, armed conflict, and civil unrest. […]
- Cote d Ivoire - Level 2: Exercise Increased Caution Tuesday, 20 August, 2019Exercise increased caution in Cote d’Ivoire due to crime and terrorism. Some areas have increased risk. Read the entire Travel Advisory. Reconsider Travel To: Northern border region due to terrorism. Violent crime, such as carjacking, robbery, and home invasion, is common. Terrorists may attack with little or no warning, targeting areas frequented by foreigners, such as […]
THE FLAG OF SOLOMON ISLANDS: Adopted on 18 November 1977, it consists of a thin, yellow stripe dividing diagonally from the lower hoist-side corner. The upper triangle is blue and the canton charged with five white stars; the lower triangle is green. The blue represents the importance of both fresh and salt water, in the form of rivers, rain and the Pacific Ocean; the green represents the land with the trees and crops that grow on it; the yellow represents the sun and its rays separating the land and the ocean; the five stars represent the five provinces in existence at the time of independence.
- India Tuesday, 20 August, 2019Summary - removal of information about the Independence Day national holiday on 15 AugustGOV.UK
- Italy Tuesday, 20 August, 2019Terrorism section and summary - updated information and advice on the threat from terrorism in Italy, reflecting a reduced threat; Summary - removal of information about heatwave in June 2019 and volcanic eruption on the island of Stromboli in July 2019GOV.UK
- NASA Television to Broadcast Sixth Meeting of the National Space Council Monday, 19 August, 2019NASA Television and the agency’s website will provide live coverage of the sixth meeting of the National Space Council at 9:30 a.m. EDT Tuesday, Aug. 20, from the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum’s Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center in Chantilly, Virginia.
- NASA Administrator, Members of Congress to Discuss Ohio’s Role in Artemis Program Monday, 19 August, 2019Media are invited to accompany NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine, U.S. Senator Rob Portman and U.S. Rep. Marcy Kaptur of Ohio Wednesday, Aug. 21, as they visit the agency’s Glenn Research Center at Lewis Field in Cleveland and Plum Brook Station in Sandusky, Ohio, to view progress on the agency’s Artemis program.