Singapore’s Clarke Quay
Clarke Quay is a historical riverside quay in Singapore, named after Sir Andrew Clarke, who was Singapore’s second Governer and also the Governer of the Straits Settlements from 1873 to 1875. It is located upstream from the mouth of the Singapore River and Boat Quay.
At present, five blocks of restored warehouses had been converted to various restaurants and nightclubs. Tongkangs or moored Chinese junks alongside the river had also been refurbished into floating pubs and restaurants. The G-MAX reverse bungee, the first in Singapore, is located at the entrance of the Quay. River cruises and river taxis on the Singapore River can also be accessed from Clarke Quay. One of its most popular attractions is its exciting host of CQ’s signature events happening once every quarter. Clarke Quay MRT Station is located within the vicinity, with The Central, a SOHO concept development cum shopping centre directly above the MRT station.
Credit: Zheluo Cai