The idea of a national garden in Singapore started in 1822 when Sir Stamford Raffles, the founder of modern Singapore and a keen naturalist, developed the first ‘Botanical and Experimental Garden’ at Fort Canning. It was only in 1859 that the Gardens at its present site was founded and laidContinue reading
- 2 Corinthians 13:14 Saturday, 21 September, 2019“May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.”
Lassen Volcanic National Park
Most Viewed Posts Today
Search This Blog
- stick out like a sore thumb | stand out like a sore thumbIf someone sticks out like a sore thumb, or stands out like a sore thumb, everyone notices them because they're not the same as the people around them.
QUOTE OF THE WEEK: Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. Charles Swindoll (1934 – ).
- Watch - Dengue in Asia and the Pacific Islands Friday, 13 September, 2019Dengue is a risk in many parts of Asia and the Pacific Islands. Some countries are reporting increased numbers of cases of the disease. Travelers to Asia and the Pacific Islands can protect themselves by preventing mosquito bites.
- Watch - Dengue in Africa and the Middle East Friday, 13 September, 2019Dengue is a risk in many parts of Africa and the Middle East. Some countries are reporting increased numbers of cases of the disease. Travelers to Africa and the Middle East can protect themselves by preventing mosquito bites.
- Saudi Arabia - Level 2: Exercise Increased Caution Tuesday, 17 September, 2019Exercise increased caution in Saudi Arabia due to terrorism and the threat of missile and drone attacks on civilian targets. Do not travel to: Within 50 miles of the border with Yemen due to terrorism and armed conflict. Terrorist groups continue plotting possible attacks in Saudi Arabia. Terrorists may attack with little or no warning, […]
THE FLAG OF SPAIN: It is defined in the Spanish Constitution of 1978, consists of three horizontal stripes: red, yellow and red, the yellow stripe being twice the size of each red stripe, charged with the coat of arms off-centred toward the hoist. The red and yellow represented the territories of the former Crown of Aragon. A crowned shield is guarded by the Pillars of Hercules, which are meant to symbolize Gibraltar and Cueta. Each quarter of the shield has a badge that represents the original kingdoms. The shield also has the emblem of the House of Bourbon. A pomegranate at the bottom of the shield represents Grenada, and the pillars feature a red scroll with the motto, There is more beyond, written on it.
- Japan Saturday, 21 September, 2019Latest update: Summary - Typhoon Tapah will bring heavy rain and winds to wide areas of Japan over the next few days, with potential disruption to transport and other essential services. You should monitor news and follow the advice of the local authorities; if you are due to travel, check with transport operators for changes […]GOV.UK
- NASA to Air Rescheduled Launch, Capture of Cargo Ship to Space Station Saturday, 21 September, 2019A Japanese cargo spacecraft loaded with more than four tons of supplies, spare parts, and experiment hardware is scheduled to launch from the Tanegashima Space Center in southern Japan to the International Space Station at 12:05 p.m. EDT Tuesday, Sept. 24 (1:05 a.m. Sept. 25 in Japan). Live coverage on NASA Television and the agency’s […]