John 20: 11 – 21: 25; Luke 24: 13 – 53; Acts 1: 1 – 11. This exclusive respite with His disciples on the shores of Galilee or Tiberias, about a day and a half’s journey north of Jerusalem, was deliberate (Matt 28:10). Forty days was no mean stretch ofContinue reading
- James 3:13 Monday, 16 September, 2019“[Two Kinds of Wisdom] Who is wise and understanding among you? Let them show it by their good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom.”
Lassen Volcanic National Park
Most Viewed Posts Today
Search This Blog
- going great gunsIf you're going great guns, you're going really well in whatever you're doing.
QUOTE OF THE WEEK: Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. Benjamin Franklin (1706 – 1790).
- Watch - Dengue in Africa and the Middle East Friday, 13 September, 2019Dengue is a risk in many parts of Africa and the Middle East. Some countries are reporting increased numbers of cases of the disease. Travelers to Africa and the Middle East can protect themselves by preventing mosquito bites.
- Watch - Dengue in Asia and the Pacific Islands Friday, 13 September, 2019Dengue is a risk in many parts of Asia and the Pacific Islands. Some countries are reporting increased numbers of cases of the disease. Travelers to Asia and the Pacific Islands can protect themselves by preventing mosquito bites.
- Norway - Level 1: Exercise Normal Precautions Friday, 13 September, 2019Exercise normal precautions in Norway. Read the Safety and Security section on the country information page. If you decide to travel to Norway: Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive travel alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency. Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter. Review the […]
- Hong Kong - Level 2: Exercise Increased Caution Friday, 6 September, 2019Exercise increased caution in Hong Kong due to civil unrest. Since June 2019, several large scale and smaller political demonstrations have taken place in various areas of Hong Kong, including the international airport. Most have been peaceful, but some have resulted in violent confrontations between the police and protesters. Police have used a variety of crowd […]
THE FLAG OF SOUTH SUDAN: It was adopted in 2005, although the country became independent only in 2011. The flag bears striking similarities with both the flags of Sudan and Kenya. The horizontal black, white, red, and green bands of the flag share the same design as the Kenyan flag, and the Pan-African symbolism. Black represents the people of South Sudan; red, the blood that was shed for the independence of the country; green, the country’s agricultural, natural wealth,and land, as well as progress; white, South Sudan’s peace attained after many years of the liberation struggle; blue, the waters of the Nile River, a source of life for the country; and the yellow star, the unity of the states, hope, and determination for all people.
- Greece Sunday, 15 September, 2019Summary - A wildfire has been reported on Zakynthos, close to Keri Village. If you’re in the area, you should follow the advice of Greek authorities and monitor the website of the General Secretariat for Civil Protection.GOV.UK
- Brad Pitt to Speak with NASA Astronaut on Space Station about Artemis Program Sunday, 15 September, 2019As NASA prepares to send the first woman and next man to the Moon by 2024 under the Artemis program, Brad Pitt is playing an astronaut in his latest film, and now the actor will have the opportunity to discuss what it’s truly like to live and work in space with a NASA crew member […]