Reflection: Jonah 4: 1 – 11 The Assyrians were well known for their brutality in war, as well as during peacetime over their vassal states, and Jonah’s ethnocentricity fed his perception on how his enemies ought to be judged and condemned. There were no second chances for them in hisContinue reading
- Psalm 42:8 Wednesday, 21 August, 2019“By day the LORD directs his love, at night his song is with me— a prayer to the God of my life.”
Lake Clark National Park
Most Viewed Posts Today
Search This Blog
- jobs for the boysIf you say "jobs for the boys" you're referring to the fact that people in positions of power sometimes use their power to give jobs to their friends or family members.
QUOTE OF THE WEEK: No man can become rich without himself enriching others. Andrew Carnegie (1835 – 1919).
- Alert - Polio in Ethiopia Wednesday, 21 August, 2019There is a polio outbreak in Ethiopia. CDC recommends that all travelers to Ethiopia be vaccinated fully against polio.
- Alert - Polio in Benin Wednesday, 21 August, 2019There is a polio outbreak in Benin. CDC recommends that all travelers to Benin be vaccinated fully against polio.
- Ethiopia - Level 2: Exercise Increased Caution Tuesday, 20 August, 2019Exercise increased caution when traveling in Ethiopia due to sporadic civil unrest and communications disruptions. Some areas have increased risk. Read the entire Travel Advisory. Do Not Travel To: Border area with Somalia due to potential for terrorism, kidnapping, and landmines. Border areas with Kenya, Sudan, South Sudan, and Eritrea due to crime, armed conflict, and civil unrest. […]
- Cote d Ivoire - Level 2: Exercise Increased Caution Tuesday, 20 August, 2019Exercise increased caution in Cote d’Ivoire due to crime and terrorism. Some areas have increased risk. Read the entire Travel Advisory. Reconsider Travel To: Northern border region due to terrorism. Violent crime, such as carjacking, robbery, and home invasion, is common. Terrorists may attack with little or no warning, targeting areas frequented by foreigners, such as […]
THE FLAG OF SOLOMON ISLANDS: Adopted on 18 November 1977, it consists of a thin, yellow stripe dividing diagonally from the lower hoist-side corner. The upper triangle is blue and the canton charged with five white stars; the lower triangle is green. The blue represents the importance of both fresh and salt water, in the form of rivers, rain and the Pacific Ocean; the green represents the land with the trees and crops that grow on it; the yellow represents the sun and its rays separating the land and the ocean; the five stars represent the five provinces in existence at the time of independence.
- Afghanistan Wednesday, 21 August, 2019Summary - change to advice against travel; the FCO now advise against all travel to the provinces of Herat, Samangan, Balkh, Ghowr, Sar-e Pol, Daykondi, Parvan, Bamian (except Bamian City, where the FCO continue to advise against all but essential travel) and Kabul (except Kabul city’s Enhanced Security Zone and Hamid Karzai International Airport, where […]GOV.UK
- San Marino Wednesday, 21 August, 2019This advice has been reviewed in full; Entry requirements section (Passport validity) - revised guidance on passport validityGOV.UK
- NASA Administrator to Tour New Colorado Aerospace Complex, Discuss Artemis Program Wednesday, 21 August, 2019Media are invited to accompany NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine at 10 a.m. MDT Friday, Aug. 23, during his visit to the University of Colorado Boulder, where he will tour a newly-completed aerospace engineering complex.
- NASA Television to Broadcast Sixth Meeting of the National Space Council Monday, 19 August, 2019NASA Television and the agency’s website will provide live coverage of the sixth meeting of the National Space Council at 9:30 a.m. EDT Tuesday, Aug. 20, from the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum’s Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center in Chantilly, Virginia.