As long as the human race continues to propagate, this article by Joe McKeever remains relevant for all Christians, and not just pastors. A recent fall of a pastor friend sadly brings home this not exceptional reality. A universal baseline is the fact that we are all sinners, and thereforeContinue reading
- Psalm 116:1-2 Saturday, 24 August, 2019“I love the LORD, for he heard my voice; he heard my cry for mercy. Because he turned his ear to me, I will call on him as long as I live.”
Lake Clark National Park
Most Viewed Posts Today
Search This Blog
- come a cropperIf you come a cropper, you fall over, or you make a mistake which has serious consequences for you.
QUOTE OF THE WEEK: No man can become rich without himself enriching others. Andrew Carnegie (1835 – 1919).
- Watch - Malaria in Burundi Thursday, 22 August, 2019There is a malaria epidemic in Burundi, a country in central Africa. To prevent malaria infection, travelers should take prescription medicine and take steps to prevent mosquito bites.
- Alert - Polio in Burma (Myanmar) Wednesday, 21 August, 2019There is a polio outbreak in Burma (Myanmar). CDC recommends that all travelers to Burma (Myanmar) be vaccinated fully against polio.
- Chile - Level 1: Exercise Normal Precautions Friday, 23 August, 2019Exercise normal precautions in Chile. Read the Safety and Security section on the country information page. If you decide to travel to Chile: Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency. Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter Review the […]
- Hungary - Level 1: Exercise Normal Precautions Thursday, 22 August, 2019Exercise normal precautions in Hungary. Read the Safety and Security section on the country information page. If you decide to travel to Hungary: Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency. Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter. Review the […]
THE FLAG OF SOMALIA: Adopted on October 12, 1954, the five-pointed white Star of Unity in its centre represents the areas where the Somali ethnic group has traditionally resided, namely Djibouti, Somaliland, the Ogaden region in Ethiopia, the North Eastern Province in Kenya, and southern Somalia. The light blue backdrop was influenced by the flag of the United Nations, in recognition of the UN’s role in Somalia’s transition to independence. It now officially denotes the sky as well as the Gulf of Aden, Guardafui Channel and the Somali Sea, which flank the country.
- Greece Saturday, 24 August, 2019Summary: Updated information; a wildfire has been reported on Samos, in Mesokampos village, which is close to Pythagorean; 2 hotels have been evacuated; you should follow the advice of Greek authorities and monitor the website of the General Secretariat for Civil Protection for updatesGOV.UK
- Bahamas Friday, 23 August, 2019Summary - update to information on the availablity of consular supportGOV.UK
- NASA Invites Media to Silicon Valley Center for Celebration of Women Leaders Friday, 23 August, 2019Media are invited to join NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine, astronaut Megan McArthur and several special guests, including House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and U.S. Rep. Anna Eshoo, for a Women's Equality Day event Monday, Aug. 26 at NASA's Ames Research Center in California’s Silicon Valley.
- NASA TV to Air US Cargo Ship Departure from Space Station Thursday, 22 August, 2019Filled with almost 2,700 pounds of valuable scientific experiments and other cargo, a SpaceX Dragon resupply spacecraft is set to leave the International Space Station Tuesday, Aug. 27. NASA Television and the agency’s website will broadcast its departure live beginning at 10:15 a.m. EDT.