The most startling characteristic of the first Christian preaching is its emphasis on the resurrection. The first preachers were sure that Christ had risen, and sure, in consequence, that believers would in due course rise also. This set them off from all the other teachers of the ancient world. ThereContinue reading
- Galatians 6:2 Wednesday, 23 October, 2019“Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.”
Mammoth Cave National Park
Most Viewed Posts Today
Search This Blog
- zero in onIf you zero in on something, you focus your attention on it.
QUOTE OF THE WEEK: Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Steve Jobs (1955 – 2011).
- Alert - Ebola in Democratic Republic of the Congo Friday, 18 October, 2019There is an outbreak of Ebola in the North Kivu (Kivu Nord) and Ituri provinces in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC).
- Watch - Dengue in the Mediterranean Region Wednesday, 9 October, 2019Locally acquired dengue virus infection has been reported in France and Spain. The risk of infection to travelers to the Mediterranean region is low.
- Afghanistan - Level 4: Do Not Travel Tuesday, 22 October, 2019Do not travel to Afghanistan due to crime, terrorism, civil unrest, kidnapping, and armed conflict. Travel to all areas of Afghanistan is unsafe because of critical levels of kidnappings, hostage taking, suicide bombings, widespread military combat operations, landmines, and terrorist and insurgent attacks, including attacks using vehicle-borne, magnetic, or other improvised explosive devices (IEDs), suicide vests, […]
- Peru - Level 2: Exercise Increased Caution Tuesday, 22 October, 2019Exercise increased caution in Peru due to crime and terrorism. Some areas have increased risk. Read the entire Travel Advisory. Do not travel to: The Colombian - Peruvian border area in the Loreto Region due to crime. The Valley of the Apurímac, Ene, and Mantaro Rivers (VRAEM), including areas within the Departments of Ayacucho, Cusco, Huancavelica, and […]
THE FLAG OF SWEDEN: It consists of a yellow Nordic cross on a field of blue. The Nordic cross design traditionally represents Christianity. Blue and yellow have been used as Swedish colours at least since Magnus III’s royal coat of arms of 1275.
- France Wednesday, 23 October, 2019Summary - addition of information on severe rain and thunderstorms with the potential for flash flooding for parts of south-western France, forecast for the next 2-3 daysGOV.UK
- Nicaragua Wednesday, 23 October, 2019Safety and security section (Political situation) - updated factual information and advice on protestsGOV.UK
- NASA Administrator Invites Public to Update on Agency’s Return to Moon Tuesday, 22 October, 2019The public is invited to join NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine at 9:40 a.m. EDT Friday, Oct. 25, for an update on the agency’s Artemis program and the critical role international partnerships have in returning astronauts to the Moon and going on to Mars.
- Maryland, Washington Students to Speak with NASA Astronaut Aboard Space Station Tuesday, 22 October, 2019Students from Maryland and Washington, D.C., will have an opportunity this week to talk with a NASA astronaut currently living and working aboard the International Space Station.