Reflection: Psalms 23 and 91; James 1:5; 3: 17 – 18. God’s ways can be intriguingly thought provoking. There is no scarcity of encounters with Him among us, and if we were to meditate awhile, we will inevitably be conscious of the less obvious among them, and God will alwaysContinue reading
- Jeremiah 29:11 Sunday, 13 October, 2019“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
Mammoth Cave National Park
Most Viewed Posts Today
Search This Blog
- par for the courseIf something is par for the course, it's what you'd expect it to be.
QUOTE OF THE WEEK: The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any. Alice Walker (1944 – ).
- Watch - Dengue in the Mediterranean Region Wednesday, 9 October, 2019Locally acquired dengue virus infection has been reported in France and Spain. The risk of infection to travelers to the Mediterranean region is low.
- Alert - Polio in the Philippines Tuesday, 8 October, 2019There is a polio outbreak in the Philippines.
- Ecuador - Level 2: Exercise Increased Caution Wednesday, 9 October, 2019Exercise increased caution in Ecuador due to crime and civil unrest. Some areas have increased risk. Read the entire Travel Advisory. Demonstrations and road blockades continue throughout the country and are expected to continue in the coming weeks. There are reports of associated pockets of violence. Police have responded with tear gas. Travel, including flights, […]
- Papua New Guinea - Level 2: Exercise Increased Caution Wednesday, 9 October, 2019Exercise increased caution in Papua New Guinea due to crime, civil unrest, health concerns, natural disasters, and kidnapping. Some areas have increased risk. Read the entire Travel Advisory. Reconsider Travel to: Areas near the Panguna mine in Bougainville due to civil unrest. The Highlands region due to the long-term effects of a natural disaster that […]
THE FLAG OF SURINAME: Adopted on 25 November 1975, upon the independence of Suriname, the flag is formed by five horizontal bands of green (top, double width), white, red (quadruple width), white, and green (double width). There is a large, yellow, five-pointed star centred in the red band. The star represents the unity of all ethnic groups, the red stripe stands for progress and love, the green for hope and fertility, and the white bands for peace and justice.
- Japan Sunday, 13 October, 2019Latest update: Summary - Typhoon Hagibis. Although the typhoon has passed, there remains a severe risk of flooding and landslides. Monitor the warnings and advice given by local authorities.GOV.UK
- Ecuador Saturday, 12 October, 2019Latest update: In light of nationwide disruption and ongoing demonstrations since 3 October, the FCO now advises against all but essential travel to Ecuador (excluding the Galapagos Islands). Government has announced a curfew in Quito and neighbouring valleys from 3pm on 12 October, restricting all movement until further notice. Quito Airport inaccessible on 12 October.GOV.UK
- NASA Spacecraft Launches on Mission to Explore Frontier of Space Friday, 11 October, 2019After successfully launching Thursday night, NASA’s Ionospheric Connection Explorer (ICON) spacecraft is in orbit for a first-of-its-kind mission to study a region of space where changes can disrupt communications and satellite orbits, and even increase radiation risks to astronauts.