Two primary ways to lower blood cholesterol: Drugs and/or Therapeutic Lifestyle Change. The latter would involve dietary discipline and exercise. Modifiable Risk Factors of High Cholesterol in Diet: Saturated Fat – Animal Foods & Tropical Oils, Raises LDL levels; Trans Fat – Hydrogenated Oils & Fats, Raises LDL; Cholesterol –Continue reading
- Psalm 27:14 Friday, 18 October, 2019“Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD.”
Mammoth Cave National Park
Most Viewed Posts Today
Search This Blog
- You are what you eat.You can say "you are what you eat" when you want to point out the connection between food and health.
QUOTE OF THE WEEK: The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any. Alice Walker (1944 – ).
- Watch - Dengue in the Mediterranean Region Wednesday, 9 October, 2019Locally acquired dengue virus infection has been reported in France and Spain. The risk of infection to travelers to the Mediterranean region is low.
- Watch - Chikungunya in Ethiopia Tuesday, 8 October, 2019There is an outbreak of chikungunya in Ethiopia. You can protect yourself against chikungunya disease by preventing mosquito bites
- Suriname - Level 1: Exercise Normal Precautions Friday, 18 October, 2019Exercise normal precautions in Suriname. Read the Safety and Security section on the country information page. If you decide to travel to Suriname: Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency. Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter. Review the Crime and Safety Report for Suriname. U.S. citizens […]
- Ecuador - Level 2: Exercise Increased Caution Wednesday, 9 October, 2019Exercise increased caution in Ecuador due to crime and civil unrest. Some areas have increased risk. Read the entire Travel Advisory. Demonstrations and road blockades continue throughout the country and are expected to continue in the coming weeks. There are reports of associated pockets of violence. Police have responded with tear gas. Travel, including flights, […]
THE FLAG OF SWEDEN: It consists of a yellow Nordic cross on a field of blue. The Nordic cross design traditionally represents Christianity. Blue and yellow have been used as Swedish colours at least since Magnus III’s royal coat of arms of 1275.
- Tanzania Friday, 18 October, 2019Health - addition of link to Public Health England guidance for humanitarian or healthcare workers travelling to countries at risk of EbolaGOV.UK
- Burundi Friday, 18 October, 2019Health - addition of link to Public Health England guidance for humanitarian or healthcare workers travelling to countries at risk of EbolaGOV.UK
- NASA to Televise First All-Female Spacewalk, Host Media Teleconference Thursday, 17 October, 2019On the first ever all-female spacewalk, NASA astronauts Christina Koch and Jessica Meir will venture outside the International Space Station about 7:50 a.m. EDT Friday, Oct. 18, to replace faulty equipment on the station’s exterior. Live coverage will begin at 6:30 a.m. on NASA Television and the agency’s website.