Vatnajokull National Park Crystal Cave British photographer Alex Bradbury, from Leamington Spa, walked over a glacier to reach this waterfall falling through crystal clear ice caves at the south side of Vatnajokull National Park in South-East Iceland. The lack of air in the ice means that it absorbs all visibleContinue reading
Translate This Website Into Your Language
Afrikaans Albanian Amharic Arabic Armenian Azerbaijani Basque Belarusian Bengali Bosnian Bulgarian Catalan Cebuano Chichewa Chinese (Simplified) Chinese (Traditional) Corsican Croatian Czech Danish Dutch English Esperanto Estonian Filipino Finnish French Frisian Galician Georgian German Greek Gujarati Haitian Creole Hausa Hawaiian Hebrew Hindi Hmong Hungarian Icelandic Igbo Indonesian Irish Italian Japanese Javanese Kannada Kazakh Khmer Korean Kurdish (Kurmanji) Kyrgyz Lao Latin Latvian Lithuanian Luxembourgish Macedonian Malagasy Malay Malayalam Maltese Maori Marathi Mongolian Myanmar (Burmese) Nepali Norwegian Pashto Persian Polish Portuguese Punjabi Romanian Russian Samoan Scottish Gaelic Serbian Sesotho Shona Sindhi Sinhala Slovak Slovenian Somali Spanish Sudanese Swahili Swedish Tajik Tamil Telugu Thai Turkish Ukrainian Urdu Uzbek Vietnamese Welsh Xhosa Yiddish Yoruba Zulu
- John 3:17 Sunday, 26 May, 2019“For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.”
Katmai National Park
QUOTE OF THE WEEK: Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power. Abraham Lincoln (1809 – 1865).
Most Viewed Posts Today
- Nijo-jo posted on Sunday, 26 May, 2019 | under Humanities
- What If The Internet Stopped Working For A Day? posted on Tuesday, 14 February, 2017 | under Technology
- First Global Age Map of the Milky Way posted on Friday, 15 January, 2016 | under Astronomy
- UY Scuti, The Largest Known Star posted on Friday, 7 October, 2016 | under Astronomy
- Macropinna Microstoma posted on Saturday, 16 February, 2019 | under All Creatures Great & Small
- What Lives Under Your Fingernails posted on Saturday, 25 June, 2016 | under Medicine
- Arashimaya posted on Monday, 27 May, 2019 | under Humanities
Search This Blog
Safely Explore This Blog
- can't see the forest for the treesIf you can't see the forest for the trees, you can't see the whole situation clearly because you're looking too closely at small details, or because you're too closely involved.
Current Bits & Pieces of News
- Watch - Monkeypox in Nigeria Tuesday, 21 May, 2019There is an ongoing outbreak of monkeypox in Nigeria. Travelers to Nigeria should protect themselves from monkeypox by washing hands often with soap and water, and avoiding contact with animals or people that may be sick.
- Alert - Ebola in Democratic Republic of the Congo Friday, 17 May, 2019There is an outbreak of Ebola in the North Kivu (Kivu Nord) and Ituri provinces in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC).
- Benin - Level 1: Exercise Normal Precautions Thursday, 23 May, 2019Exercise normal precautions in Benin. Some areas have increased risk. Read the entire Travel Advisory. Reconsider Travel To: Park Pendjari, Park W and adjacent hunting zones, and other areas near Benin’s northern border with Burkina Faso, due to terrorism and kidnapping. Exercise Increased Caution In: Urban areas due to crime. Read the Safety and Security […]
- Togo - Level 1: Exercise Normal Precautions Wednesday, 22 May, 2019Exercise normal precautions in Togo. Some areas have increased risk. Read the entire Travel Advisory. Reconsider Travel To: Northern border region adjacent to Burkina Faso due to potential for terrorism and kidnapping. Exercise Increased Caution In: Areas north of Kande due to potential for terrorism. The cities of Sokodé, Bafilo, and Mango due to civil […]
THE FLAG OF SAMOA: The flag of Samoa was first adopted from February 24, 1949 for UN Trusteeships. It consists of a red field with a blue rectangle in the canton. The blue rectangle bears the constellation Southern Cross: four large white stars and one smaller star. In the Samoan flag, white is said to stand for purity, blue for freedom, and red for courage. No change was made in the national flag when the country became independent on January 1, 1962.
- Nepal Sunday, 26 May, 2019Summary - On 26 May 2019 a series of bomb blasts took place in Kathmandu. Initial reports from the Nepal authorities are that three Nepali nationals were killed and at least six injured. You are advised to avoid crowded areas and remain vigilant.GOV.UK
- France Friday, 24 May, 2019Latest Update: We are aware of an explosion having taken place in the 2nd arrondissement of Lyon city centre in the vicinity of Rue Victor Hugo. You should avoid the area and follow the instructions of the local authorities.GOV.UK
Golden Snubbed-Nose Monkey
- Forest carbon credits ‘worse than nothing’? There’s more to this story Friday, 24 May, 2019More than 3,000 people in the United States had a heart transplant last year. This life-extending procedure crossed from theJoanna Durbin
- As climate warms, Ecuador fights fires with forecasts Wednesday, 22 May, 2019An innovative tool combines weather forecasts with fire-tracking systems to create a "fire-weather forecast."Olivia DeSmit
- NASA Television to Air Russian Spacewalk at International Space Station Friday, 24 May, 2019Two veteran Russian cosmonauts will venture outside the International Space Station for a spacewalk Wednesday, May 29, to retrieve science experiments and conduct maintenance on the orbiting laboratory.
- NASA Awards Artemis Contract for Lunar Gateway Power, Propulsion Thursday, 23 May, 2019In one of the first steps of the agency’s Artemis lunar exploration plans, NASA announced on Thursday the selection of Maxar Technologies, formerly SSL, in Westminster, Colorado, to develop and demonstrate power, propulsion and communications capabilities for NASA’s lunar Gateway.