Three Things Needed for Peace Reflection: Job 22:21–22; Matthew 5:9; Luke 2:14; Romans 8:6 Three things are needful if a man would have peace with himself—(1) That he should submit himself wholly to God; (2) That he should ever guard his goodwill; and (3) That he should regulate every motionContinue reading
Translate This Website Into Your Language
Afrikaans Albanian Amharic Arabic Armenian Azerbaijani Basque Belarusian Bengali Bosnian Bulgarian Catalan Cebuano Chichewa Chinese (Simplified) Chinese (Traditional) Corsican Croatian Czech Danish Dutch English Esperanto Estonian Filipino Finnish French Frisian Galician Georgian German Greek Gujarati Haitian Creole Hausa Hawaiian Hebrew Hindi Hmong Hungarian Icelandic Igbo Indonesian Irish Italian Japanese Javanese Kannada Kazakh Khmer Korean Kurdish (Kurmanji) Kyrgyz Lao Latin Latvian Lithuanian Luxembourgish Macedonian Malagasy Malay Malayalam Maltese Maori Marathi Mongolian Myanmar (Burmese) Nepali Norwegian Pashto Persian Polish Portuguese Punjabi Romanian Russian Samoan Scottish Gaelic Serbian Sesotho Shona Sindhi Sinhala Slovak Slovenian Somali Spanish Sudanese Swahili Swedish Tajik Tamil Telugu Thai Turkish Ukrainian Urdu Uzbek Vietnamese Welsh Xhosa Yiddish Yoruba Zulu
- Galatians 5:13 Wednesday, 22 May, 2019“[Life by the Spirit] You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love.”
Katmai National Park
QUOTE OF THE WEEK: The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education. Albert Einstein (1879 – 1955).
Most Viewed Posts Today
- UY Scuti, The Largest Known Star posted on Friday, 7 October, 2016 | under Astronomy
- The Indus Constellation posted on Friday, 3 August, 2018 | under Astronomy
- 2014 Bedok Methodist Church Camp Snippets 1 posted on Sunday, 15 June, 2014 | under Family Matters
- How Should We Manage Nuclear Energy? posted on Sunday, 25 June, 2017 | under Technology
- 4 Signs You Are Being Manipulated And How To Stop It posted on Friday, 25 May, 2018 | under Psychology
- How Large is the Universe? posted on Sunday, 11 August, 2013 | under Astronomy
- The Math Behind Successful Relationships posted on Friday, 15 February, 2019 | under Psychology
Search This Blog
Safely Explore This Blog
- off the cuffIf you speak off the cuff, you speak without planning what you will say beforehand.
Current Bits & Pieces of News
- Watch - Monkeypox in Nigeria Tuesday, 21 May, 2019There is an ongoing outbreak of monkeypox in Nigeria. Travelers to Nigeria should protect themselves from monkeypox by washing hands often with soap and water, and avoiding contact with animals or people that may be sick.
- Alert - Ebola in Democratic Republic of the Congo Friday, 17 May, 2019There is an outbreak of Ebola in the North Kivu (Kivu Nord) and Ituri provinces in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC).
- Togo - Level 1: Exercise Normal Precautions Wednesday, 22 May, 2019Exercise normal precautions in Togo. Some areas have increased risk. Read the entire Travel Advisory. Reconsider Travel To: Northern border region adjacent to Burkina Faso due to potential for terrorism and kidnapping. Exercise Increased Caution In: Areas north of Kande due to potential for terrorism. The cities of Sokodé, Bafilo, and Mango due to civil […]
- Saudi Arabia - Level 2: Exercise Increased Caution Friday, 17 May, 2019Exercise increased caution in Saudi Arabia due to terrorism and the threat of missile and drone attacks on civilian targets. Do not travel to: Within 50 miles of the border with Yemen due to terrorism and armed conflict. Terrorist groups continue plotting possible attacks in Saudi Arabia. Terrorists may attack with little or no […]
THE FLAG OF SAINT VINCENT AND THE GRENADINES: The flag was adopted on 21 October 1985. It composed of a vertical tricolour of blue, gold (double width) and green with three green diamonds arranged in the V pattern centred on the gold band, which represent the Grenadine Islands which fall under the government of Saint Vincent. Blue represents the tropical sky and the crystal waters, yellow stands for the golden Grenadine sands, and green stands for the islands’ lush vegetation.
- Burkina Faso Wednesday, 22 May, 2019Latest update: Summary - factual update; on 11 May four hostages, including westerners, were rescued during a French military operation in northern Burkina Faso; 2 of the rescued hostages were French tourists who had been kidnapped from Pendjari National Park in Benin on 1 MayGOV.UK
- USA Wednesday, 22 May, 2019Latest update: Summary - There is currently a high risk of tornados, severe storms and flooding across the states of Illinois, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska and Oklahoma; you're advised to check weather forecasts and warnings from the US National Weather ServiceGOV.UK
- As climate warms, Ecuador fights fires with forecasts Wednesday, 22 May, 2019An innovative tool combines weather forecasts with fire-tracking systems to create a "fire-weather forecast."Olivia DeSmit
- Climate-fighting beads, record-breaking CO2, fossil-fueled plastics: 3 big stories you might have missed Monday, 20 May, 2019Human Nature shares three stories from the past week that you should know about.Olivia DeSmit
- NASA Invites Public to Submit Names to Fly Aboard Next Mars Rover Tuesday, 21 May, 2019Although it will be years before the first humans set foot on Mars, NASA is giving the public an opportunity to send their names — etched on microchips — to the Red Planet with NASA's Mars 2020 rover, which represents the initial leg of humanity’s first round trip to another planet.
- Texas Students to Speak with NASA Astronaut on International Space Station Friday, 17 May, 2019Students in Texas will have an opportunity next week to speak with a NASA astronaut aboard the International Space Station.