Credits: The BBC, National Geographic Society, Reuters.
Translate This Website Into Your Language
Afrikaans Albanian Amharic Arabic Armenian Azerbaijani Basque Belarusian Bengali Bosnian Bulgarian Catalan Cebuano Chichewa Chinese (Simplified) Chinese (Traditional) Corsican Croatian Czech Danish Dutch English Esperanto Estonian Filipino Finnish French Frisian Galician Georgian German Greek Gujarati Haitian Creole Hausa Hawaiian Hebrew Hindi Hmong Hungarian Icelandic Igbo Indonesian Irish Italian Japanese Javanese Kannada Kazakh Khmer Korean Kurdish (Kurmanji) Kyrgyz Lao Latin Latvian Lithuanian Luxembourgish Macedonian Malagasy Malay Malayalam Maltese Maori Marathi Mongolian Myanmar (Burmese) Nepali Norwegian Pashto Persian Polish Portuguese Punjabi Romanian Russian Samoan Scottish Gaelic Serbian Sesotho Shona Sindhi Sinhala Slovak Slovenian Somali Spanish Sudanese Swahili Swedish Tajik Tamil Telugu Thai Turkish Ukrainian Urdu Uzbek Vietnamese Welsh Xhosa Yiddish Yoruba Zulu
- Romans 15:5-6 Monday, 20 May, 2019“May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you the same attitude of mind toward each other that Christ Jesus had, so that with one mind and one voice you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.”
Katmai National Park
QUOTE OF THE WEEK: The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education. Albert Einstein (1879 – 1955).
Most Viewed Posts Today
- The Moons of Uranus posted on Friday, 29 May, 2015 | under Astronomy
- The Southern Cross Constellation posted on Friday, 25 August, 2017 | under Astronomy
- World’s First Ocean Plastic-Cleaning Machine posted on Tuesday, 24 April, 2018 | under Environment
- Lucky House, Hong Kong’s Coffin Homes posted on Wednesday, 30 August, 2017 | under Humanitarian
- The Differences Between The Mercator And The Peters World Maps posted on Tuesday, 21 March, 2017 | under Earth Science
- Indonesian Study On Health Risks Of Microplastics posted on Friday, 11 May, 2018 | under Environment
- Dissociative Identity Disorder: Fearfully And Wonderfully Made (30) posted on Wednesday, 2 March, 2016 | under Psychology
Search This Blog
Safely Explore This Blog
- wear your heart on your sleeveIf you wear your heart on your sleeve, you show your emotions openly and you don't try to hide your feelings.
Current Bits & Pieces of News
- Alert - Ebola in Democratic Republic of the Congo Tuesday, 16 April, 2019There is an outbreak of Ebola in the North Kivu (Kivu Nord) and Ituri provinces in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC).
- Warning - Cyclone Idai in Mozambique, Malawi, and Zimbabwe Friday, 5 April, 2019Parts of Mozambique, Malawi, and Zimbabwe have been severely affected by Tropical Cyclone Idai. US residents should avoid nonessential travel to Beira City and the surrounding area in Mozambique. Travelers to other affected parts of Mozambique, Malawi, and Zimbabwe should take steps to prevent illness and injury.
- United Arab Emirates - Level 1: Exercise Normal Precautions Friday, 17 May, 2019Exercise normal precautions in the UAE. Due to risks to civil aviation operating within the Persian Gulf and the Gulf of Oman region, including the United Arab Emirates, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has issued a Notice to Airmen (NOTAM) and/or a Special Federal Aviation Regulation (SFAR). For more information U.S. citizens should consult the […]
- Oman - Level 1: Exercise Normal Precautions Friday, 17 May, 2019Exercise normal precautions in Oman. Some areas have increased risk. Read the entire Travel Advisory. Do not travel to: The Yemen border area due to terrorism and armed conflict. Read the Safety and Security section on the country information page. Due to risks to civil aviation operating within the Persian Gulf and the Gulf of Oman region, including […]
THE FLAG OF SAINT VINCENT AND THE GRENADINES: The flag was adopted on 21 October 1985. It composed of a vertical tricolour of blue, gold (double width) and green with three green diamonds arranged in the V pattern centred on the gold band, which represent the Grenadine Islands which fall under the government of Saint Vincent. Blue represents the tropical sky and the crystal waters, yellow stands for the golden Grenadine sands, and green stands for the islands’ lush vegetation.
- Malawi Monday, 20 May, 2019Latest update: Summary - Malawi will hold Tripartite Elections (Presidential, Parliamentary and local council) elections on 21 May; you should exercise caution during the post-election period and avoid large crowds and demonstrationsGOV.UK
- Spain Friday, 17 May, 2019Latest update: Summary - Liverpool FC take on Tottenham Hotspur FC in the UEFA Champions League Final in Madrid on Saturday 1 June 2019; if you’re travelling to Spain for the match, check our dedicated information and advice pageGOV.UK
- Your summer reading list: Nature edition Thursday, 16 May, 2019Four books about the environment that you should add to your reading list.Olivia DeSmit
- Wildlife loss, flight footprints, Irish action: 3 big stories you might have missed Monday, 13 May, 2019Human Nature shares three stories from the past week that you should know about.Olivia DeSmit
- Texas Students to Speak with NASA Astronaut on International Space Station Friday, 17 May, 2019Students in Texas will have an opportunity next week to speak with a NASA astronaut aboard the International Space Station.
- NASA Taps 11 American Companies to Advance Human Lunar Landers Thursday, 16 May, 2019NASA has selected 11 companies to conduct studies and produce prototypes of human landers for its Artemis lunar exploration program.