Credits: The Guardian, Reuters.
Translate This Website Into Your Language
Afrikaans Albanian Amharic Arabic Armenian Azerbaijani Basque Belarusian Bengali Bosnian Bulgarian Catalan Cebuano Chichewa Chinese (Simplified) Chinese (Traditional) Corsican Croatian Czech Danish Dutch English Esperanto Estonian Filipino Finnish French Frisian Galician Georgian German Greek Gujarati Haitian Creole Hausa Hawaiian Hebrew Hindi Hmong Hungarian Icelandic Igbo Indonesian Irish Italian Japanese Javanese Kannada Kazakh Khmer Korean Kurdish (Kurmanji) Kyrgyz Lao Latin Latvian Lithuanian Luxembourgish Macedonian Malagasy Malay Malayalam Maltese Maori Marathi Mongolian Myanmar (Burmese) Nepali Norwegian Pashto Persian Polish Portuguese Punjabi Romanian Russian Samoan Scottish Gaelic Serbian Sesotho Shona Sindhi Sinhala Slovak Slovenian Somali Spanish Sudanese Swahili Swedish Tajik Tamil Telugu Thai Turkish Ukrainian Urdu Uzbek Vietnamese Welsh Xhosa Yiddish Yoruba Zulu
- Romans 15:2 Thursday, 23 May, 2019“Each of us should please our neighbors for their good, to build them up.”
Katmai National Park
QUOTE OF THE WEEK: Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power. Abraham Lincoln (1809 – 1865).
Most Viewed Posts Today
- Spring Blogging Break posted on Wednesday, 8 May, 2019 | under Humanities
- How Large is the Universe? posted on Sunday, 11 August, 2013 | under Astronomy
- The Horologium Constellation posted on Friday, 13 July, 2018 | under Astronomy
- Facial Disfigurement And Disability Hate Crime posted on Monday, 27 July, 2015 | under Humanitarian
- Thoughts On Christian Maturity posted on Sunday, 6 November, 2016 | under Reflections From Scripture
- Spiritual Life of Nathanael posted on Monday, 7 July, 2014 | under Christian Articles
- Having Eternal Life posted on Wednesday, 27 April, 2016 | under Quotations
Search This Blog
Safely Explore This Blog
- kick the habitIf you kick the habit, you manage to stop doing something that has become a bad habit.
Current Bits & Pieces of News
- Watch - Monkeypox in Nigeria Tuesday, 21 May, 2019There is an ongoing outbreak of monkeypox in Nigeria. Travelers to Nigeria should protect themselves from monkeypox by washing hands often with soap and water, and avoiding contact with animals or people that may be sick.
- Alert - Ebola in Democratic Republic of the Congo Friday, 17 May, 2019There is an outbreak of Ebola in the North Kivu (Kivu Nord) and Ituri provinces in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC).
- Benin - Level 1: Exercise Normal Precautions Thursday, 23 May, 2019Exercise normal precautions in Benin. Some areas have increased risk. Read the entire Travel Advisory. Reconsider Travel To: Park Pendjari, Park W and adjacent hunting zones, and other areas near Benin’s northern border with Burkina Faso, due to terrorism and kidnapping. Exercise Increased Caution In: Urban areas due to crime. Read the Safety and Security […]
- Togo - Level 1: Exercise Normal Precautions Wednesday, 22 May, 2019Exercise normal precautions in Togo. Some areas have increased risk. Read the entire Travel Advisory. Reconsider Travel To: Northern border region adjacent to Burkina Faso due to potential for terrorism and kidnapping. Exercise Increased Caution In: Areas north of Kande due to potential for terrorism. The cities of Sokodé, Bafilo, and Mango due to civil […]
THE FLAG OF SAMOA: The flag of Samoa was first adopted from February 24, 1949 for UN Trusteeships. It consists of a red field with a blue rectangle in the canton. The blue rectangle bears the constellation Southern Cross: four large white stars and one smaller star. In the Samoan flag, white is said to stand for purity, blue for freedom, and red for courage. No change was made in the national flag when the country became independent on January 1, 1962.
- Mozambique Thursday, 23 May, 2019Latest update: Summary and Terrorism section – change to advice against travel; the FCO now advise against all but essential travel to Meluco in Cabo Delgado province; advice against all but essential travel to the districts of Nangade, Quissanga, Ibo, Macomia, Mocimboa da Praia and Palma remains unchangedGOV.UK
- Venezuela Thursday, 23 May, 2019Latest update: Summary - addition of information about the suspension of all direct air services between Venezuela and the USA until further notice; if you're planning travel in the region on any of these routes, contact your travel company for more informationGOV.UK
Golden Snubbed-Nose Monkey
- As climate warms, Ecuador fights fires with forecasts Wednesday, 22 May, 2019An innovative tool combines weather forecasts with fire-tracking systems to create a "fire-weather forecast."Olivia DeSmit
- Climate-fighting beads, record-breaking CO2, fossil-fueled plastics: 3 big stories you might have missed Monday, 20 May, 2019Human Nature shares three stories from the past week that you should know about.Olivia DeSmit
- NASA Awards Artemis Contract for Lunar Gateway Power, Propulsion Thursday, 23 May, 2019In one of the first steps of the agency’s Artemis lunar exploration plans, NASA announced on Thursday the selection of Maxar Technologies, formerly SSL, in Westminster, Colorado, to develop and demonstrate power, propulsion and communications capabilities for NASA’s lunar Gateway.
- NASA Invites Media to Orion Abort Test Before Moon Missions with Crew Thursday, 23 May, 2019Media accreditation is open for an uncrewed flight test of the launch abort system of NASA’s Orion spacecraft on Tuesday, July 2.