Translate This Blog:
- Romans 1:16 Tuesday, 17 July, 2018“For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile.”
Grand Teton National Park
Most Viewed Posts
- UY Scuti, The Largest Known Star posted on Friday, 7 October, 2016 | under Astronomy
- All About A Nuclear War posted on Wednesday, 18 July, 2018 | under Humanitarian
- The Best Time To Consume A Heavy Meal posted on Friday, 24 November, 2017 | under Medicine
- UN Commits To Stop Ocean Plastic Waste posted on Thursday, 7 December, 2017 | under Environment
- Blessed Are The Poor In Spirit, Those Who Mourn And The Meek posted on Sunday, 28 May, 2017 | under Reflections From Scripture
Search This Blog
Bits & Pieces of World NewsMy Tweets
Astronomy Picture of the Day
Image Credit & Copyright: Steve Cannistra (StarryWonders). Rich in star clusters and nebulae, the ancient constellation of Auriga, the Charioteer, rides high in northern winter night skies. Composed from narrow and broadband filter data and spanning nearly 8 Full Moons (4 degrees) on the sky, this view includes emission region IC 405 (top left) about 1,500 light-years distant. Also known as the Flaming Star Nebula, its red, convoluted clouds of glowing hydrogen gas are energized by hot O-type star AE Aurigae. IC 410 (top right) is significantly more distant, some 12,000 light-years away. The star forming region is famous for its embedded young star cluster, NGC 1893, and tadpole-shaped clouds of dust and gas. IC 417 and NGC 1931 at the lower right, the Spider and the Fly, are also young star clusters embedded in natal clouds that lie far beyond IC 405. Star cluster NGC 1907 is near the bottom edge of the frame, just right of center. The crowded field of view looks along the plane of our Milky Way galaxy, near the direction of the galactic anticentre.
- Students from Missouri, Mississippi to Call Space Station Friday, 13 July, 2018Students in St. Louis and southern Mississippi will get to ask questions of NASA astronauts on the International Space Station during two events next week as part of NASA’s Year of Education on Station.
- NASA Mars Mission Adds Southern California Dates Tuesday, 26 June, 2018Looking for summer fun? Southern California families have their choice of the beach, movies, museums -- and even NASA's next mission to Mars.
The Human Brain
If you starve your brain for oxygen for five minutes, the brain may get damaged.
- Exam for Professional Practice in Psychology evolves Tuesday, 17 July, 2018Changes are underway for the test used by licensing boards.
- In case you missed it: 3 big stories from our world Tuesday, 17 July, 2018In a recurring feature, Human Nature shares three stories from the past week that you should know about.Jessica Pink
The Pataxó are an indigenous people with a population of about 11,800 individuals. They once spoke the Pataxó language, but now speak Portuguese. The Pataxó people live in several villages in the southern part of the state of Bahia and northern of the state of Minas Gerais. There is evidence that the village of Barra Velha has existed for nearly two and a half centuries since 1767. Tracing a history of contact with non-indigenous people that goes back to the sixteenth century and often forced to hide their customs, nowadays the Pataxó strive to enliven their language - the Patxohã - and rituals "of the ancient"
- Green alert for tropical cyclone TWELVE-18. Population affected by Category 1 (120 km/h) wind speeds or higher is 0. Tuesday, 17 July, 2018From 17/07/2018 to 17/07/2018, a Tropical Depression (maximum wind speed of 111 km/h) TWELVE-18 was active in NWPacific. The cyclone affects these countries: Japan, China (vulnerability Medium). Estimated population affected by category 1 (120 km/h) wind speeds or higher is 0.
- Watch - Rift Valley Fever in Kenya Tuesday, 17 July, 2018There is an outbreak of Rift Valley fever (RVF) in Kenya. Travelers to Kenya should protect themselves from RVF by avoiding contact with infected animals and preventing mosquito bites.
National Flag of the Mali
The national flag of Mali is a tricolour with three equal vertical stripes. From the hoist, the colours are green, gold, and red, the pan-African colours. The green stands for the fertility of the land, gold stands for purity and mineral wealth, and the red symbolizes the blood shed for independence from the French. The current flag was adopted on March 1, 1961.
- Mexico - Level 2: Exercise Increased Caution Monday, 16 July, 2018Exercise increased caution in Mexico due to crime. Some areas have increased risk. Read the entire Travel Advisory. Violent crime, such as homicide, kidnapping, carjacking, and robbery, is widespread. The U.S. government has limited ability to provide emergency services to U.S. citizens in many areas of Mexico as U.S. government employees are prohibited from travel […]
- Iceland - Level 1: Exercise Normal Precautions Friday, 13 July, 2018Exercise normal precautions in Iceland. Read the Safety and Security section on the country information page. If you decide to travel to Iceland: Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency. Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter. Review the […]
- Tunisia Tuesday, 17 July, 2018Latest update: Summary - update to text and map to better define the geographic area north and west of the town of Ghardimaou in western Tunisia, to which the FCO advise against all but essential travelGOV.UK
- Macedonia Monday, 16 July, 2018Latest update: Entry requirements section (Registering with the police) - you should retain your registration document as proof of registration until your departure from MacedoniaGOV.UK
Work of Art
This flared Paris porcelain vase mounted on a gilt bronze stand (museum number 463-1844) is painted with a profusion of brightly-coloured flowers dramatically set off against a completely gilded background. It is most probably bought from the Escalier de Cristal retailer Lahoche, Boin & Cie at the 1844 French Industrial Exhibition. The acquisition of this vase actually pre-dated the building of the South Kensington Museum, which is where it is presently.
- get to the bottom ofIf you get to the bottom of something, you find out its real cause or the true story behind it.
Pray for Christians in Algeria
AUTHORITY BACKTRACKS ON CHURCH OPENINGS. Click on image for more information.