Europe’s Hidden Coasts: Costa de Prata Portugal.
Just an hour north of Lisbon the Silver Coast, Portugal’s Costa de Prata, is worlds away from the stress and rush of modern life. The pace is relaxed and unhurried, whether you’re beachcombing beside the Atlantic Ocean, exploring the leafy green lanes of the interior or sipping coffee at a waterfront café. The Silver Coast is one of the treasures of Portugal, a place which offers everything you would expect from a holiday – except for the crowds. There are glorious beaches, miles of open countryside, warm and hospitable people, and fascinating monuments and towns where it is possible to step back in time and explore a Portugal from the distant past. What is there to explore?
- Historic towns and villages where the past and the present exist comfortably together.
- Miles of stunning beaches with some of the best views to be had anywhere.
- Lively, colourful markets selling everything from produce brought fresh from the fields to essentials like saddles and spades.
- Traditional cafés and restaurants where the food and wine is hearty, delicious and inexpensive.
- Wide open countryside for walking, exploring or simply losing yourself in.
Credit: Silver Coast Life.
Read Articles Here: