Translate This Blog:
- Romans 1:16 Tuesday, 17 July, 2018“For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile.”
Grand Teton National Park
Most Viewed Posts
- UY Scuti, The Largest Known Star posted on Friday, 7 October, 2016 | under Astronomy
- How Do Fizzy Drinks Affect Your Health? posted on Monday, 27 February, 2017 | under Medicine
- Psychological Toll Of Jury Service posted on Tuesday, 17 July, 2018 | under Psychology
- The Giant Squid posted on Thursday, 31 December, 2015 | under All Creatures Great & Small
- Crater Lake National Park posted on Sunday, 5 November, 2017 | under Humanities
Search This Blog
Bits & Pieces of World NewsMy Tweets
Astronomy Picture of the Day
Neutrino Associated with Distant Blazar Jet.
Illustration Credit: DESY, Science Communication Lab. With equipment frozen deep into ice beneath Earth's South Pole, humanity appears to have discovered a neutrino from far across the universe. If confirmed, this would mark the first clear detection of cosmologically-distant neutrinos and the dawn of an observed association between energetic neutrinos and cosmic rays created by powerful jets emanating from blazing quasars (blazars). Once the Antarctican IceCube detector measured an energetic neutrino in 2017 September, many of humanity's premier observatories sprang into action to try to identify a counterpart in light. And they did. An erupting counterpart was pinpointed by high energy observatories including AGILE, Fermi, HAWC, H.E.S.S., INTEGRAL, NuSTAR, Swift, and VERITAS, which found that gamma-ray blazar TXS 0506+056 was in the right direction and with gamma-rays from a flare arriving nearly coincidental in time with the neutrino. Even though this and other position and time coincidences are statistically strong, astronomers will await other similar neutrinos - blazar light associations to be absolutely sure. Pictured here is an artist's drawing of a particle jet emanating from a black hole at the centre of a blazar.
- Students from Missouri, Mississippi to Call Space Station Friday, 13 July, 2018Students in St. Louis and southern Mississippi will get to ask questions of NASA astronauts on the International Space Station during two events next week as part of NASA’s Year of Education on Station.
- NASA Mars Mission Adds Southern California Dates Tuesday, 26 June, 2018Looking for summer fun? Southern California families have their choice of the beach, movies, museums -- and even NASA's next mission to Mars.
The Human Brain
If you starve your brain for oxygen for five minutes, the brain may get damaged.
- Psychologist develops innovative care for patients with serious mental illness Monday, 16 July, 2018Jessy Walker-Cohen, PhD, MPH, designs a unit that improves care for patients with behavioral and cognitive challenges.
- Meet a scientist: the whale whisperer Thursday, 12 July, 2018We spoke with Olive Andrews about what whales can teach us about the health of the oceans — and her longtime friendship with a humpback named “Nala.”Morgan Lynch
The Pataxó are an indigenous people with a population of about 11,800 individuals. They once spoke the Pataxó language, but now speak Portuguese. The Pataxó people live in several villages in the southern part of the state of Bahia and northern of the state of Minas Gerais. There is evidence that the village of Barra Velha has existed for nearly two and a half centuries since 1767. Tracing a history of contact with non-indigenous people that goes back to the sixteenth century and often forced to hide their customs, nowadays the Pataxó strive to enliven their language - the Patxohã - and rituals "of the ancient"
- Green earthquake alert (Magnitude 5.9M, Depth:59.76km) in Solomon Islands 17/07/2018 07:02 UTC, About 5000 people within 100km. Tuesday, 17 July, 2018On 7/17/2018 7:02:55 AM, an earthquake occurred in Solomon Islands potentially affecting About 5000 people within 100km. The earthquake had Magnitude 5.9M, Depth:59.76km.
- Alert - Polio in Papua New Guinea Thursday, 12 July, 2018There is an outbreak of polio in Papua New Guinea. CDC recommends that all travelers to Papua New Guinea be fully vaccinated against polio.
National Flag of the Mali
The national flag of Mali is a tricolour with three equal vertical stripes. From the hoist, the colours are green, gold, and red, the pan-African colours. The green stands for the fertility of the land, gold stands for purity and mineral wealth, and the red symbolizes the blood shed for independence from the French. The current flag was adopted on March 1, 1961.
- Bangladesh - Level 2: Exercise Increased Caution Tuesday, 3 July, 2018Exercise increased caution in Bangladesh due to crime and terrorism. Some areas have increased risk. Read the entire Travel Advisory. Reconsider travel to: Dhaka due to crime and terrorism. Southeast Bangladesh, including the Chittagong Hill Tracts, due to crime and terrorism. Violent crime, such as armed robbery, assault, and rape, is widespread. Terrorist groups continue plotting possible attacks in Bangladesh. Terrorists may attack […]
- Worldwide Caution - Level 1: Exercise Normal Precautions Monday, 2 July, 2018This latest update to the Department of State’s Worldwide Caution provides U.S. citizens with general information regarding terrorist activities, political violence, and criminal activity that transpire abroad, as well as specific recommendations on how to prepare for possible contingencies, receive information on breaking security events, and ensure that travelers can be contacted in an emergency. […]
- Macedonia Monday, 16 July, 2018Latest update: Entry requirements section (Registering with the police) - you should retain your registration document as proof of registration until your departure from MacedoniaGOV.UK
- Poland Monday, 16 July, 2018Latest update: Summary - removal of information for fans travelling to the FIFA World Cup in RussiaGOV.UK
Work of Art
This flared Paris porcelain vase mounted on a gilt bronze stand (museum number 463-1844) is painted with a profusion of brightly-coloured flowers dramatically set off against a completely gilded background. It is most probably bought from the Escalier de Cristal retailer Lahoche, Boin & Cie at the 1844 French Industrial Exhibition. The acquisition of this vase actually pre-dated the building of the South Kensington Museum, which is where it is presently.
- get to the bottom ofIf you get to the bottom of something, you find out its real cause or the true story behind it.
Pray for Christians in India
BELIEVERS SUFFERED 15 ATTACKS IN 14 DAYS. Click on image for more information.