Also known as IC 4406, it is a planetary nebula near the western border of the constellation Lupus, the Wolf, and about 2,000 to 5,000 light years away from us. It looks somewhat rectangular because it is seen from its side as viewed from Earth, almost in the plane of itsContinue reading
Translate This Website Into Your Language
Afrikaans Albanian Amharic Arabic Armenian Azerbaijani Basque Belarusian Bengali Bosnian Bulgarian Catalan Cebuano Chichewa Chinese (Simplified) Chinese (Traditional) Corsican Croatian Czech Danish Dutch English Esperanto Estonian Filipino Finnish French Frisian Galician Georgian German Greek Gujarati Haitian Creole Hausa Hawaiian Hebrew Hindi Hmong Hungarian Icelandic Igbo Indonesian Irish Italian Japanese Javanese Kannada Kazakh Khmer Korean Kurdish (Kurmanji) Kyrgyz Lao Latin Latvian Lithuanian Luxembourgish Macedonian Malagasy Malay Malayalam Maltese Maori Marathi Mongolian Myanmar (Burmese) Nepali Norwegian Pashto Persian Polish Portuguese Punjabi Romanian Russian Samoan Scottish Gaelic Serbian Sesotho Shona Sindhi Sinhala Slovak Slovenian Somali Spanish Sudanese Swahili Swedish Tajik Tamil Telugu Thai Turkish Ukrainian Urdu Uzbek Vietnamese Welsh Xhosa Yiddish Yoruba Zulu
- 1 Corinthians 1:10 Tuesday, 21 May, 2019“[A Church Divided Over Leaders] I appeal to you, brothers and sisters, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another in what you say and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly united in mind and thought.”
Katmai National Park
QUOTE OF THE WEEK: The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education. Albert Einstein (1879 – 1955).
Most Viewed Posts Today
- The Math Behind Successful Relationships posted on Friday, 15 February, 2019 | under Psychology
- A Tribute To John Speers (1958 – 1991) posted on Saturday, 11 June, 2016 | under Humanities
- 2014 Bedok Methodist Church Camp Snippets 1 posted on Sunday, 15 June, 2014 | under Family Matters
- God’s Sovereignty & Suffering posted on Sunday, 18 August, 2013 | under Reflections From Scripture
- Spiritual Life of Nathanael posted on Monday, 7 July, 2014 | under Christian Articles
- UK Report On Zuckerberg, Russia And Cambridge Analytica posted on Tuesday, 31 July, 2018 | under Technology
- Leadership Takes Self-Control posted on Saturday, 26 January, 2019 | under Psychology
Search This Blog
Safely Explore This Blog
- dead in the waterIf something is dead in the water, it has no chance of succeeding or of making any progress.
Current Bits & Pieces of News
- Watch - Monkeypox in Nigeria Tuesday, 21 May, 2019There is an ongoing outbreak of monkeypox in Nigeria. Travelers to Nigeria should protect themselves from monkeypox by washing hands often with soap and water, and avoiding contact with animals or people that may be sick.
- Alert - Ebola in Democratic Republic of the Congo Friday, 17 May, 2019There is an outbreak of Ebola in the North Kivu (Kivu Nord) and Ituri provinces in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC).
- United Arab Emirates - Level 1: Exercise Normal Precautions Friday, 17 May, 2019Exercise normal precautions in the UAE. Due to risks to civil aviation operating within the Persian Gulf and the Gulf of Oman region, including the United Arab Emirates, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has issued an advisory Notice to Airmen (NOTAM) and/or a Special Federal Aviation Regulation (SFAR). For more information U.S. citizens should consult […]
- Oman - Level 1: Exercise Normal Precautions Friday, 17 May, 2019Exercise normal precautions in Oman. Some areas have increased risk. Read the entire Travel Advisory. Do not travel to: The Yemen border area due to terrorism and armed conflict. Read the Safety and Security section on the country information page. Due to risks to civil aviation operating within the Persian Gulf and the Gulf of Oman region, including […]
THE FLAG OF SAINT VINCENT AND THE GRENADINES: The flag was adopted on 21 October 1985. It composed of a vertical tricolour of blue, gold (double width) and green with three green diamonds arranged in the V pattern centred on the gold band, which represent the Grenadine Islands which fall under the government of Saint Vincent. Blue represents the tropical sky and the crystal waters, yellow stands for the golden Grenadine sands, and green stands for the islands’ lush vegetation.
- Climate-fighting beads, record-breaking CO2, fossil-fueled plastics: 3 big stories you might have missed Monday, 20 May, 2019Human Nature shares three stories from the past week that you should know about.Olivia DeSmit
- Your summer reading list: Nature edition Thursday, 16 May, 2019Four books about the environment that you should add to your reading list.Olivia DeSmit
- NASA Invites Public to Submit Names to Fly Aboard Next Mars Rover Tuesday, 21 May, 2019Although it will be years before the first humans set foot on Mars, NASA is giving the public an opportunity to send their names — etched on microchips — to the Red Planet with NASA's Mars 2020 rover, which represents the initial leg of humanity’s first round trip to another planet.
- Texas Students to Speak with NASA Astronaut on International Space Station Friday, 17 May, 2019Students in Texas will have an opportunity next week to speak with a NASA astronaut aboard the International Space Station.