God Is Holy Psalm 34:8; John 1:16–18; James 2:19 There is a difference between having an opinion that God is holy and gracious, and having a sense of the loveliness and beauty of that holiness and grace. There is a difference between having a rational judgment that honey is sweet,Continue reading
Translate This Blog:
- 2 Thessalonians 3:3 Sunday, 24 June, 2018“But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one.”
Grand Canyon National Park
Most Viewed Posts
- Sex Offenders Groom Churches Too posted on Tuesday, 19 June, 2018 | under Humanitarian
- Facts On The 30-Year Kilauea Volcanic Eruption posted on Thursday, 24 May, 2018 | under Earth Science
- Preparing For The Asteroid Apocalypse posted on Sunday, 24 June, 2018 | under Astronomy
- Photographs November 2017 3 posted on Monday, 20 November, 2017 | under Art In All Its Forms
- How Western Civilisation Could Collapse posted on Friday, 21 April, 2017 | under Humanities
- Photography Of Animals At Risk posted on Thursday, 26 October, 2017 | under Art In All Its Forms
- What Lives Under Your Fingernails posted on Saturday, 25 June, 2016 | under Medicine
Search This Blog
Bits & Pieces of World NewsMy Tweets
Astronomy Picture of the Day
The Once and Future Stars of Andromeda.
Credit and Copyright: ESA/Herschel/ PACS/SPIRE/J.Fritz(U.Gent) / XMM-Newton/EPIC/W.Pietsch(MPE). The big, beautiful Andromeda Galaxy, aka M31, is a spiral galaxy a mere 2.5 million light-years away. Two space-based observatories have combined to produce this composite image of Andromeda, at wavelengths outside the visible spectrum. In reddish hues, image data from the large Herschel infrared observatory traces enormous lanes of dust, warmed by stars, sweeping along Andromeda's spiral arms. The dust, in conjunction with the galaxy's interstellar gas, comprises the raw material for future star formation. X-ray data from the XMM-Newton observatory in blue pinpoint Andromeda's X-ray binary star systems. These systems likely contain neutron stars or stellar mass black holes that represent final stages in stellar evolution. More than twice the size of our own Milky Way, the Andromeda Galaxy is over 200,000 light-years across.
- Media Invited to Preview Expedition to Ocean Twilight Zone Friday, 22 June, 2018Media are invited to Seattle on Thursday, Aug. 9, to preview a seaborne expedition to study microscopic organisms in the dark depths of the sea that play a critical role in removing carbon dioxide from Earth’s atmosphere.
- Curiosity Captures Photos of Thickening Dust Wednesday, 20 June, 2018A storm of tiny dust particles has engulfed much of Mars over the last two weeks.
The Human Brain
The human brain is the fattiest organ in the body. It contains 60% fat out of its total weight of 3 pounds.
- Education blog news roundup Friday, 22 June, 2018Marshmallow study roasted, good news for internship seekers and more in this week's news roundup.
- A Message from the Top of the World Monday, 18 June, 2018The snow crunched under his boots with each step as Yun pushed towards the summit ridge. Around him the Himalayas stretched out in jagged white peaks and valleys. At nearly 30,000 feet—the cruising altitude of a commercial airliner—he was high enough to see wisps of clouds drifting below him. It was 8am on May 18th, […]Pooja
The Mohawk people are the most easterly tribe of the Haudenosaunee, or Iroquois Confederacy, an Iroquoian-speaking indigenous people of North America. The Mohawk were historically based in the Mohawk Valley in present-day upstate New York west of the Hudson River; their territory ranged north to the St. Lawrence River, southern Quebec and eastern Ontario; south to greater New Jersey and into Pennsylvania; eastward to the Green Mountains of Vermont; and westward to the border with the Iroquoian Oneida Nation's traditional homeland territory. Their current major settlements include areas around Lake Ontario and the St Lawrence River in Canada and New York.
- Green earthquake alert (Magnitude 5.7M, Depth:10km) in Central East Pacific Rise 24/06/2018 18:43 UTC, No people within 100km. Sunday, 24 June, 2018On 6/24/2018 6:43:42 PM, an earthquake occurred in Central East Pacific Rise potentially affecting No people within 100km. The earthquake had Magnitude 5.7M, Depth:10km.
- Watch - Ebola in Democratic Republic of the Congo Friday, 8 June, 2018An outbreak of Ebola is occurring in the Bikoro area, Equateur province in the northwest corner of the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC). Cases have also been found in nearby Iboko and the large city of Mbandaka.
National Flag of Malaysia
The flag of Malaysia is composed of a field of 14 alternating red and white stripes along the fly and a blue canton bearing a crescent and a 14-point star known as the Bintang Persekutuan (Federal Star). The 14 stripes, of equal width, represent the equal status in the federation of the 13 member states and the federal territories, while the 14 points of the star represent the unity between these entities. The crescent represents Islam, the country's state religion; the blue canton symbolises the unity of the Malaysian people; the yellow of the star and crescent is the royal colour of the Malay rulers. It was first raised on 16 September 1963.
- Germany - Level 2: Exercise Increased Caution Tuesday, 19 June, 2018Exercise increased caution in Germany due to terrorism. Terrorist groups continue plotting possible attacks in Germany. Terrorists may attack with little or no warning, targeting tourist locations, transportation hubs, markets/shopping malls, local government facilities, hotels, clubs, restaurants, places of worship, parks, major sporting and cultural events, educational institutions, airports, and other public areas. Read the […]
- Belarus - Level 1: Exercise Normal Precautions Monday, 18 June, 2018Exercise normal precautions in Belarus. Read the Safety and Security section on the country information page. If you decide to travel to Belarus: Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency. Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter. Review the […]
- Ethiopia Saturday, 23 June, 2018Summary: Addis Ababa: Saturday 23 June: A large rally in support of Ethiopian Prime Minister, Dr Abiy Ahmed, was disrupted by a grenade attack, resulting in c80 injured, some seriously. Minor incidents were reported as crowds dispersed, but the streets are now mostly calm. We encourage visitors to continue to follow our advice below on […]GOV.UK
- South Africa Friday, 22 June, 2018Latest update: Safety and Security section (Crime) - revised information; risk of crime increases in urban areas, particularly central business districts of major cities and townships on the outskirts of major cities; a higher state of awareness is required if travelling through these areasGOV.UK
Work of Art
This flared Paris porcelain vase mounted on a gilt bronze stand (museum number 463-1844) is painted with a profusion of brightly-coloured flowers dramatically set off against a completely gilded background. It is most probably bought from the Escalier de Cristal retailer Lahoche, Boin & Cie at the 1844 French Industrial Exhibition. The acquisition of this vase actually pre-dated the building of the South Kensington Museum, which is where it is presently.
- zero toleranceIf something is given zero tolerance, it won't be accepted even once.
- The Family Feud that Changed the Shape of Christian Higher Education Thursday, 17 May, 2018What makes a college “evangelical” or “fundamentalist?” The dividing lines weren’t always so clear. Let’s say you attended Wheaton College, Gordon College, or Biola University. Or perhaps you’re an outsider who just thinks highly of those schools. If so, you might be turned off by a book that groups them together under the label “Fundamentalist […]Barry Hankins
Pray for Christians in Globally
HOSTILITY TO RELIGION RISING GLOBALLY. Click on image for more information.