Proverbs 10:1 The proverbs of Solomon. This is the title of the new part of the book; it is omitted in the Septuagint. There is some kind of loose connection in the grouping of these proverbs, but it is difficult to follow. Wordsworth considers the present chapter to contain exemplificationsContinue reading
Translate This Blog:
- 1 John 2:1 Tuesday, 25 September, 2018“My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One.”
Great Sand Dunes National Park
Most Viewed Posts
- Christian Servanthood posted on Sunday, 10 May, 2015 | under Reflections From Scripture
- Conversion Disorder posted on Wednesday, 1 August, 2018 | under Psychology
- Rohingya Villages Continued To... posted on Tuesday, 19 December, 2017 | under Humanitarian
- Why You Should Read This Artic... posted on Wednesday, 26 September, 2018 | under Humanities
- UY Scuti, The Largest Known St... posted on Friday, 7 October, 2016 | under Astronomy
Search This Blog
Quote of the Week
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality. Ayn Rand (1905-1982)
Bits & Pieces of World NewsMy Tweets
Astronomy Picture of the Day
NGC 2403 in Camelopardalis.
Credit: Image Data - Subaru Telescope (NAOJ), Hubble Legacy Archive; Processing - Robert Gendler. Magnificent island universe NGC 2403 stands within the boundaries of the long-necked constellation Camelopardalis. Some 10 million light-years distant and about 50,000 light-years across, the spiral galaxy has its fair share of giant star-forming HII regions, marked by the reddish glow of atomic hydrogen gas. Of course, supernova explosions follow close on the heels of the formation of massive, short-lived stars and in 2004 one of the brightest supernovae discovered in recent times was found in NGC 2403. The powerful supernova is seen here as the spiky, bright "star" at the left edge of the field. This cosmic portrait is a composite of space and ground-based image data from the Hubble Legacy Archive and the 8.2 meter Subaru Telescope at the summit of Mauna Kea, Hawaii.
- NASA Administrator Talks Training, Future Missions with Newest Astronaut Class Tuesday, 25 September, 2018NASA’s newest class of astronaut trainees will join agency Administrator Jim Bridenstine Thursday, Sept. 27, to talk about their experiences in the training program, hopes for future missions, and more, in a live episode of Watch This Space.
- Opportunity Emerges in a Dusty Picture Tuesday, 25 September, 2018NASA still hasn't heard from the Opportunity rover, but at least the agency can see it again.
The Human Brain
It is all about your mental strength. And you can ever stay healthy and fit with a positive attitude and good mental health. Studies have revealed a connection between physical illness and poor mental health.
- APA announces employers for 2018 Psychologically Healthy Workplace Honors Tuesday, 25 September, 2018Nearly two dozen workplaces recognized for fostering employee well-being, organizational performance.
- In case you missed it: 3 big stories from our world Monday, 24 September, 2018Human Nature shares three stories from the past week that you should know about.Olivia DeSmit
The Kachin people are a confederation of ethnic groups who inhabit the Kachin Hills in northern Burma's Kachin State and neighbouring Yunnan Province, China, and Arunachal Pradesh, India. About one million Kachin peoples live in the region. The term Kachin people is often used interchangeably with the main subset, called the Jingpo people in China. The Jingpho language common to many of the Kachin has a variety of dialects and is written with a Latin-based script created in the late nineteenth century.
- Watch - Leptospirosis in Israel Friday, 14 September, 2018There is an outbreak of leptospirosis in northern Israel (Golan Heights). Travelers at highest risk are those exposed to contaminated fresh water like lakes and rivers in the affected area, such as through swimming, wading, kayaking, or rafting.
- Gobierno de México refuerza acciones de recuperación en Estados afectados por fenómenos naturales Tuesday, 25 September, 2018Source: Government of Mexico Country: Mexico Con la finalidad de atender las necesidades de la población afectada a consecuencia del paso de la Depresión Tropical 19-E, principalmente en estados del noroeste del país, se fortalecen y llevan a cabo acciones en lo que se considera la etapa de recuperación de esta contingencia.El Gobierno de la […]
National Flag of Mongolia
The flag of Mongolia is a vertical tricolour with two reds at insides and a blue in the middle, with the Soyombo symbol defacing the left red stripe. The blue stripe is described as the eternal blue sky and the red stripes symbolise thriving forever. The Soyombo symbol is a geometric abstraction that represents fire, sun, moon, earth, water, and a round shape as dualist aspect. The current flag was adopted on February 12, 1992, after the transition of Mongolia to a liberal democracy.
- Honduras - Level 3: Reconsider Travel Thursday, 20 September, 2018Reconsider travel to Honduras due to crime. Some areas have increased risk. Read the entire Travel Advisory. Do not travel to: Gracias a Dios Department due to crime. Violent crime, such as homicide and armed robbery, is common. Violent gang activity, such as extortion, violent street crime, rape, and narcotics and human trafficking, is widespread. Local police […]
- The Occupied Palestinian Territories Tuesday, 25 September, 2018Latest update: Summary - Scotland take on Israel in a UEFA Nations League match in Haifa on Thursday 11 October 2018; addition of link to our dedicated information and advice page for travelling supportersGOV.UK
Work of Art
The Elgin Marbles, also known as the Parthenon Marbles, are a collection of Classical Greek marble sculptures made under the supervision of the architect and sculptor Phidias and his assistants in c. 447 to 438 BC; originally part of the temple of the Parthenon and other buildings on the Acropolis of Athens. From 1801 to 1812, agents of Thomas Bruce, 7th Earl of Elgin removed about half of the surviving sculptures of the Parthenon, and transported them to Britain. The half not removed is now displayed in the Acropolis Museum. In Britain, the acquisition of the collection was not supported by some, and the Earl's actions was likened to vandalism. Following a public debate in Parliament and its subsequent exoneration of Elgin, he sold the Marbles to the British government in 1816. They were then passed to the British Museum, where they are now on display in the purpose-built Duveen Gallery.
- put all your eggs in the one basketIf you put all your eggs in the one basket, you put all your efforts or resources into one person, one thing or one plan, and if things don't work out, you lose everything.
Pray for Christians in Pakistan
BELIEVER THROWN OFF ROOF FOR REFUSING TO CONVERT TO MARRY A MUSLIM. Click on the image to read more.