Translate This Blog:
- Psalm 119:30 Saturday, 21 July, 2018“I have chosen the way of faithfulness; I have set my heart on your laws.”
Grand Teton National Park
Most Viewed Posts
- Childhood Trauma Influences Brain Development posted on Friday, 18 August, 2017 | under Psychology, The Brain & Genetics
- The Web Being Walled Off Throughout The Middle East posted on Saturday, 21 July, 2018 | under Technology
- Lucky House, Hong Kong’s Coffin Homes posted on Wednesday, 30 August, 2017 | under Humanitarian
- Myanmar’s Extensive And Systematic Preparations For Rohingya Atrocities posted on Saturday, 21 July, 2018 | under Humanitarian
- Narratives Of The Passion (Part I) posted on Sunday, 26 March, 2017 | under Reflections From Scripture
Search This Blog
Bits & Pieces of World NewsMy Tweets
Astronomy Picture of the Day
Dust of the Orion Nebula.
Image Credit & Copyright: Nicolás Villegas. What surrounds a hotbed of star formation? The entire Orion field, located about 1600 light years away, is inundated with intricate and picturesque filaments of dust. Opaque to visible light, dust is created in the outer atmosphere of massive cool stars and expelled by a strong outer wind of particles. The Trapezium and other forming star clusters are embedded in the nebula. The intricate filaments of dust surrounding M42 and M43 appear brown, while central glowing gas is highlighted in red. Over the next few million years much of Orion's dust will be slowly destroyed by the very stars now being formed, or dispersed into the Galaxy.
- NASA Brings Latest Aerospace Technologies to AirVenture 2018 Friday, 20 July, 2018Visitors to AirVenture Oshkosh 2018 can get a close look at the latest in NASA aerospace technology during the Experimental Aircraft Association’s annual airshow Monday, July 23, through Sunday, July 29, at Wittman Regional Airport in Oshkosh, Wisconsin.
- 'Storm Chasers' on Mars Searching for Dusty Secrets Thursday, 19 July, 2018Scientists with NASA's Mars orbiters have been waiting years for an event like the current Mars global dust storm.
The Human Brain
If you starve your brain for oxygen for five minutes, the brain may get damaged.
- Psychologist explores what dogs can teach us about our own evolutionary past Friday, 20 July, 2018A conversation with of the head of the Duke Canine Cognition Center.
The Sarcastic Fringehead
- Bird-watchers spot illegal hunting in China Thursday, 19 July, 2018When the spoon-billed sandpiper started to disappear, bird-watching groups in China decided they needed to do something about illegal hunting.Morgan Lynch
The Pataxó are an indigenous people with a population of about 11,800 individuals. They once spoke the Pataxó language, but now speak Portuguese. The Pataxó people live in several villages in the southern part of the state of Bahia and northern of the state of Minas Gerais. There is evidence that the village of Barra Velha has existed for nearly two and a half centuries since 1767. Tracing a history of contact with non-indigenous people that goes back to the sixteenth century and often forced to hide their customs, nowadays the Pataxó strive to enliven their language - the Patxohã - and rituals "of the ancient"
- Green alert for tropical cyclone AMPIL-18. Population affected by Category 1 (120 km/h) wind speeds or higher is 0. Saturday, 21 July, 2018From 17/07/2018 to 21/07/2018, a Tropical Storm (maximum wind speed of 83 km/h) AMPIL-18 was active in NWPacific. The cyclone affects these countries: Japan, China (vulnerability Medium). Estimated population affected by category 1 (120 km/h) wind speeds or higher is 0.
- Alert - Polio in Papua New Guinea Wednesday, 18 July, 2018There is an outbreak of polio in Papua New Guinea. CDC recommends that all travelers to Papua New Guinea be fully vaccinated against polio.
National Flag of the Malta
The flag of Malta is a basic bi-colour, with white in the hoist and red in the fly. A representation of the George Cross, awarded to Malta by George VI of the United Kingdom in 1942, is carried, edged with red, in the canton of the white stripe. It was first flown on 1 September 1964 with Malta's independence.
- Mexico - Level 2: Exercise Increased Caution Monday, 16 July, 2018Exercise increased caution in Mexico due to crime. Some areas have increased risk. Read the entire Travel Advisory. Violent crime, such as homicide, kidnapping, carjacking, and robbery, is widespread. The U.S. government has limited ability to provide emergency services to U.S. citizens in many areas of Mexico as U.S. government employees are prohibited from travel […]
- Iceland - Level 1: Exercise Normal Precautions Friday, 13 July, 2018Exercise normal precautions in Iceland. Read the Safety and Security section on the country information page. If you decide to travel to Iceland: Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency. Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter. Review the […]
- Italy Friday, 20 July, 2018Latest update: Summary - strikes are planned across Italy involving the transport sector on Saturday 21 and Sunday 22 July; long-distance high speed trains and Fiumicino airport express services are expected to operate as normal, but some other train services and flights may be subject to disruption and cancellations; if you’re travelling over the weekend, […]GOV.UK
- Pakistan Friday, 20 July, 2018Latest update: Safety and security section (Political situation) and summary - updated information on terrorist attacks in recent weeks that have targeted political rallies ahead of elections on 25 July; you should avoid demonstrations, large crowds of people and public eventsGOV.UK
Work of Art
This flared Paris porcelain vase mounted on a gilt bronze stand (museum number 463-1844) is painted with a profusion of brightly-coloured flowers dramatically set off against a completely gilded background. It is most probably bought from the Escalier de Cristal retailer Lahoche, Boin & Cie at the 1844 French Industrial Exhibition. The acquisition of this vase actually pre-dated the building of the South Kensington Museum, which is where it is presently.
- under a cloudIf someone is under a cloud, they are suspected of having done something wrong.
Pray for Christians in Egypt
EGYPT'S ISLAMISED HIPPOCRATIC OATH. Click on image for more information.