Matthew 5:5 In the NT ‘meekness’ (prautēs and adjective praus) refers to an inward attitude, whereas ‘gentleness’ is expressed rather in outward action. It is part of the fruit of Christlike character produced only by the Spirit (Gal. 5:23, AV). The meek do not resent adversity because they accept everythingContinue reading
Translate This Blog:
- James 1:21 Sunday, 15 July, 2018“Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you.”
Grand Teton National Park
Most Viewed Posts
- Jupiter’s Moon Ganymede Has a Salty Ocean with More Water than Earth posted on Friday, 13 March, 2015 | under Astronomy
- CRISPR Sometimes Fails posted on Sunday, 15 July, 2018 | under The Brain & Genetics
- Please Be Patient With Me posted on Tuesday, 4 March, 2014 | under Medicine
- A Chile Road Trip Like No Other posted on Tuesday, 14 November, 2017 | under Humanities
- Closest Potentially Habitable Planet posted on Thursday, 1 September, 2016 | under Astronomy
Search This Blog
Bits & Pieces of World NewsMy Tweets
Astronomy Picture of the Day
Rings Around the Ring Nebula.
Image Credit: Hubble, Large Binocular Telescope, Subaru Telescope; Composition & Copyright: Robert Gendler. The easily visible central portion of the Ring Nebula (M57) is about one light-year across, but this remarkably deep exposure - a collaborative effort combining data from three different large telescopes - explores the looping filaments of glowing gas extending much farther from the nebula's central star. This remarkable composite image includes narrowband hydrogen image, visible light emission, and infrared light emission. In this well-studied example of a planetary nebula, the glowing material does not come from planets. Instead, the gaseous shroud represents outer layers expelled from a dying, sun-like star. The Ring Nebula is about 2,000 light-years away toward the musical constellation Lyra.
- Students from Missouri, Mississippi to Call Space Station Friday, 13 July, 2018Students in St. Louis and southern Mississippi will get to ask questions of NASA astronauts on the International Space Station during two events next week as part of NASA’s Year of Education on Station.
- NASA Mars Mission Adds Southern California Dates Tuesday, 26 June, 2018Looking for summer fun? Southern California families have their choice of the beach, movies, museums -- and even NASA's next mission to Mars.
The Human Brain
The number of brains cells is close to 100 billion, according to some estimate.
- APA offers liability insurance through American Professional Agency Inc. Friday, 13 July, 2018American Professional Agency Inc. provides professional liability insurnce, risk management services and general guidance.
- Meet a scientist: the whale whisperer Thursday, 12 July, 2018We spoke with Olive Andrews about what whales can teach us about the health of the oceans — and her longtime friendship with a humpback named “Nala.”Morgan Lynch
The Pataxó are an indigenous people with a population of about 11,800 individuals. They once spoke the Pataxó language, but now speak Portuguese. The Pataxó people live in several villages in the southern part of the state of Bahia and northern of the state of Minas Gerais. There is evidence that the village of Barra Velha has existed for nearly two and a half centuries since 1767. Tracing a history of contact with non-indigenous people that goes back to the sixteenth century and often forced to hide their customs, nowadays the Pataxó strive to enliven their language - the Patxohã - and rituals "of the ancient"
- Orange alert for tropical cyclone ELEVEN-18. Population affected by Category 1 (120 km/h) wind speeds or higher is 0. Sunday, 15 July, 2018From 15/07/2018 to 15/07/2018, a Tropical Depression (maximum wind speed of 93 km/h) ELEVEN-18 was active in NWPacific. The cyclone affects these countries: Philippines, China, Viet Nam, Laos (vulnerability High). Estimated population affected by category 1 (120 km/h) wind speeds or higher is 0.
- Alert - Polio in Papua New Guinea Thursday, 12 July, 2018There is an outbreak of polio in Papua New Guinea. CDC recommends that all travelers to Papua New Guinea be fully vaccinated against polio.
National Flag of the Mali
The national flag of Mali is a tricolour with three equal vertical stripes. From the hoist, the colours are green, gold, and red, the pan-African colours. The green stands for the fertility of the land, gold stands for purity and mineral wealth, and the red symbolizes the blood shed for independence from the French. The current flag was adopted on March 1, 1961.
- Bangladesh - Level 2: Exercise Increased Caution Tuesday, 3 July, 2018Exercise increased caution in Bangladesh due to crime and terrorism. Some areas have increased risk. Read the entire Travel Advisory. Reconsider travel to: Dhaka due to crime and terrorism. Southeast Bangladesh, including the Chittagong Hill Tracts, due to crime and terrorism. Violent crime, such as armed robbery, assault, and rape, is widespread. Terrorist groups continue plotting possible attacks in Bangladesh. Terrorists may attack […]
- Worldwide Caution - Level 1: Exercise Normal Precautions Monday, 2 July, 2018This latest update to the Department of State’s Worldwide Caution provides U.S. citizens with general information regarding terrorist activities, political violence, and criminal activity that transpire abroad, as well as specific recommendations on how to prepare for possible contingencies, receive information on breaking security events, and ensure that travelers can be contacted in an emergency. […]
- Pakistan Saturday, 14 July, 2018Latest update: Summary - Safety and security section (Political situation) and summary - In recent days, rallies have been the target of terrorist attacks. On 13 July, bombings occurred at campaign events in Mastung (Baluchistan), killing over 125 people, and in Bannu (Khyber Pakhtunkhwa). Earlier in the week, 13 people were killed in a terrorist […]GOV.UK
- Tanzania Friday, 13 July, 2018Latest update: Safety and security section - addition of information on travel near the border with MozambiqueGOV.UK
Work of Art
This flared Paris porcelain vase mounted on a gilt bronze stand (museum number 463-1844) is painted with a profusion of brightly-coloured flowers dramatically set off against a completely gilded background. It is most probably bought from the Escalier de Cristal retailer Lahoche, Boin & Cie at the 1844 French Industrial Exhibition. The acquisition of this vase actually pre-dated the building of the South Kensington Museum, which is where it is presently.
- add fuel to the fireIf you add fuel to the fire, you do something to make a bad situation even worse.
Pray for Christians in Egypt
EXTREMISTS ARRESTED FOR ATTACKING COPTS. Click on image for more information.