Love in All Its Forms Reflection: 1 Corinthians 13:4–8, 13; Galatians 5:22–23 Joy is love exulting; peace is love in repose; long suffering is love on trial; gentleness is love in society; goodness is love in action; faith, is love on the battlefield; meekness is love at school; and temperanceContinue reading
Translate This Blog:
- Joel 2:23 Thursday, 20 September, 2018“Be glad, people of Zion, rejoice in the LORD your God, for he has given you the autumn rains because he is faithful. He sends you abundant showers, both autumn and spring rains, as before.”
Search This Blog
Quote of the Week
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (1749 - 1832)
Bits & Pieces of World NewsMy Tweets
Typhoon Mangkhut Devastation in the Philippines
Astronomy Picture of the Day
Cosmic Collision Forges Galactic Ring.
Image Credit: X-ray: Chandra (NASA, CXC, INAF, A. Wolter et al.); Optical: Hubble (NASA, STScI). The rim of the blue galaxy on the right is an immense ring-like structure 150,000 light years in diameter composed of newly formed, extremely bright, massive stars. AM 0644-741 was caused by an immense galaxy collision. When galaxies collide, they pass through each other - their individual stars rarely come into contact. The ring-like shape is the result of the gravitational disruption caused by an entire small intruder galaxy passing through a large one. When this happens, interstellar gas and dust become condensed, causing a wave of star formation to move out from the impact point like a ripple across the surface of a pond. The likely intruder galaxy is on the left of this image. X-ray light is shown in pink and depicts places where energetic black holes or neutron stars, likely formed shortly after the galaxy collision, reside.
- NASA Updates Live Coverage of Japanese Cargo Launch, Delays Spacewalks Thursday, 20 September, 2018Delayed due to inclement weather, the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA) now is targeting 1:52 p.m. EDT Saturday, Sept. 22 (2:52 a.m. Sept. 23 in Japan), for the launch of its unpiloted H-II Transfer Vehicle-7 (HTV-7) cargo spacecraft.
- NASA Updates Preview Briefing for International Space Station Spacewalks, Live Coverage Wednesday, 19 September, 2018Experts from NASA will preview two upcoming spacewalks outside the International Space Station to continue upgrades to the orbiting laboratory’s power system in a briefing at 2 p.m. EDT Thursday, Sept. 27, at the agency’s Johnson Space Center in Houston.
- MarCO Makes Space for Small Explorers Thursday, 13 September, 2018A pair of NASA CubeSats flying to Mars are opening a new frontier for small spacecraft.
- Martian Skies Clearing over Opportunity Rover Tuesday, 11 September, 2018As the skies above Opportunity continue to clear, engineers at JPL are increasing the frequency of commands asking the solar-powered rover to communicate with Earth.
The Human Brain
Insulin while regulating blood sugar in the human body is also responsible for better memory.
- Keeping guns away from dangerous people Thursday, 20 September, 2018A growing number of states are embracing laws that restrict gun possession. What is the psychologist's role?
- CE Corner: Embracing a gender-affirmative model for transgender youth Thursday, 20 September, 2018A growing number of individuals disclosing their transgender identities underscores the need for competent care for this population.
- 3 ways to be a more sustainable coffee drinker Wednesday, 19 September, 20183 ways you can help ensure the future of coffee.Bambi Semroc
- In case you missed it: 3 big stories from our world Monday, 17 September, 2018Human Nature shares three stories from the past week that you should know about.Olivia DeSmit
The Khasi people (Children of the Seven Huts) are an indigenous ethnic group of Meghalaya in north-eastern India, with a significant population in the bordering state of Assam, and in certain parts of Bangladesh. They are the native people of Meghalaya and are the largest ethnic group in the state. Their language, Khasi, is categorised as the northernmost Austroasiatic language. The main crops produced by the Khasi people are betel leaf, areca nut, oranges, local rice and vegetables.
- Watch - Ebola in Democratic Republic of the Congo Friday, 14 September, 2018There is an outbreak of Ebola in North Kivu (Kivu Nord) and Ituri provinces in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC).
- Watch - Leptospirosis in Israel Friday, 14 September, 2018There is an outbreak of leptospirosis in northern Israel (Golan Heights). Travelers at highest risk are those exposed to contaminated fresh water like lakes and rivers in the affected area, such as through swimming, wading, kayaking, or rafting.
- Idlib deal could save three million ‘from catastrophe’ says UN chief, as militants are urged to lay down arms Thursday, 20 September, 2018Source: UN News Service Country: Syrian Arab Republic In his appeal to “all the parties” to implement the agreement, the UN chief highlighted the need to ensure the protection of civilians and humanitarian access.A deal reached between Russia and Turkey to create a demilitarized buffer zone protecting citizens “from catastrophe” in Syria’s Idlib region is […]
- España contribuye con 480.500 euros a paliar la crisis humanitaria ocasionada por el tifón Mangkhut en Filipinas Thursday, 20 September, 2018Source: Agencia Española de Cooperación Internacional para el Desarrollo Country: Philippines, Spain Según los datos recabados a fecha de 19 de septiembre, a causa del tifón, con vientos máximos sostenidos de 205 km/h, se han visto afectadas más de un millón de personas, de las cuales 236.000 han tenido que ser evacuadas.La AECID activa sus […]
National Flag of Monaco
The national flag of Monaco has two equal horizontal bands of red (top) and white, both of which have been the heraldic colours of the House of Grimaldi since at least 1339. The present bicolour design was adopted on April 4, 1881, under Prince Charles III. The flag of Monaco is graphically identical to the flag of Indonesia, with a slight difference only in its dimension ratio. The Flag of Poland has similar dimensions but has the colours reversed: white on top and red on the bottom.
- Honduras - Level 3: Reconsider Travel Thursday, 20 September, 2018Reconsider travel to Honduras due to crime. Some areas have increased risk. Read the entire Travel Advisory. Do not travel to: Gracias a Dios Department due to crime. Violent crime, such as homicide and armed robbery, is common. Violent gang activity, such as extortion, violent street crime, rape, and narcotics and human trafficking, is widespread. Local police […]
- Democratic Republic of the Congo - Level 3: Reconsider Travel Wednesday, 19 September, 2018Reconsider travel to the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) due to crime and civil unrest. Some areas have increased risk. Read the entire Travel Advisory. Do not travel to: Eastern DRC and the three Kasai provinces due to armed conflict. Violent crime, such as armed robbery, armed home invasion, sexual assault, and physical assault, […]
- Malawi Thursday, 20 September, 2018Latest update: Summary - addition of information; there are demonstrations planned on the morning of Friday 21 September 2018 in Lilongwe, Blantyre, Mzuzu and Zomba; you should avoid all demonstrations and large crowds, plan alternative routes where possible, remain vigilant and follow the advice of the local security authoritiesGOV.UK
- Guinea-Bissau Thursday, 20 September, 2018Latest update: This advice has been reviewed and reissued without amendmentGOV.UK
Work of Art
Designed by Alma Pihl, the only female and one of the best known Fabergé workmasters, as a gift to Maria Feodorovna by her son, Tsar Nicholas II, in 1913. The exterior of the egg resembles frost and ice crystals formed on clear glass. It is studded with 1,660 diamonds and is made from quartz, platinum, and orthoclase. The surprise is a miniature flower basket studded with 1,378 diamonds and is made from platinum and gold, while the flowers are made of white quartz and the leaves are made of demantoid. The flowers lie in gold moss. The egg is 102 millimetres high. It was reported that the buyer was Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani, the Emir of Qatar, who paid $9.6 million in 2002.
- (have) egg on your faceYou will have egg on your face if you've said or done something wrong, and it's made you feel embarrassed or stupid.
Pray for Christians in Kenya
AL-SHABAAB EXECUTED TWO BUS PASSENGERS WHO WERE BELIEVERS. Click on the image to read more.