A Blessed Christmas
Translate This Website Into Your Language
Afrikaans Albanian Amharic Arabic Armenian Azerbaijani Basque Belarusian Bengali Bosnian Bulgarian Catalan Cebuano Chichewa Chinese (Simplified) Chinese (Traditional) Corsican Croatian Czech Danish Dutch English Esperanto Estonian Filipino Finnish French Frisian Galician Georgian German Greek Gujarati Haitian Creole Hausa Hawaiian Hebrew Hindi Hmong Hungarian Icelandic Igbo Indonesian Irish Italian Japanese Javanese Kannada Kazakh Khmer Korean Kurdish (Kurmanji) Kyrgyz Lao Latin Latvian Lithuanian Luxembourgish Macedonian Malagasy Malay Malayalam Maltese Maori Marathi Mongolian Myanmar (Burmese) Nepali Norwegian Pashto Persian Polish Portuguese Punjabi Romanian Russian Samoan Scottish Gaelic Serbian Sesotho Shona Sindhi Sinhala Slovak Slovenian Somali Spanish Sudanese Swahili Swedish Tajik Tamil Telugu Thai Turkish Ukrainian Urdu Uzbek Vietnamese Welsh Xhosa Yiddish Yoruba Zulu
- 1 Corinthians 10:13 Friday, 18 January, 2019“No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.”
Hawai’i Volcanoes National Park
QUOTE OF THE WEEK: It is never too late to be what you might have been. George Eliot (1819 – 1880).
Most Viewed Posts Today
- The Virgo Supercluster posted on Friday, 1 January, 2016 | under Astronomy
- Engraved Hourglass Nebula posted on Friday, 17 October, 2014 | under Astronomy
- Dragonfly posted on Tuesday, 31 January, 2017 | under All Creatures Great & Small
- The Cepheus Constellation posted on Friday, 9 February, 2018 | under Astronomy
- Pathophysiology of Dissociative Identity Disorders posted on Saturday, 30 April, 2016 | under Psychology
Search This Blog
infinitusNow is your integrated digital marketing partner with strategic and creative solutions that help your business reach its fullest potential. We work in areas as diverse as search engine optimization, social media marketing, email marketing and digital marketing.
Current Bits & Pieces of News
THE HUMAN BRAIN: More than 100,000 chemical reactions happen in the human brain every second.
- Alert - Ebola in Democratic Republic of the Congo Thursday, 17 January, 2019There is an outbreak of Ebola in the North Kivu (Kivu Nord) and Ituri provinces in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC).
- Alert - Drug-Resistant Infections in Mexico Wednesday, 9 January, 2019Recently, some US residents returning from Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico, were diagnosed with infections caused by an antibiotic-resistant form of Pseudomonas aeruginosa bacteria.
ASTRONOMY PICTURE OF THE DAY: Rho Ophiuchi Wide Field. Credit & Copyright: Rogelio Bernal Andreo. Rho Ophiuchi is a binary star system visible in the light-coloured region on the image right. Located 400 light years away, it includes a red emission nebula and numerous light and dark brown dust lanes. Near the upper right of the Rho Ophiuchi molecular cloud system is the yellow star Antares; coincidently-superposed globular cluster of stars, M4, is visible between Antares and the red emission nebula. Near the image bottom lies IC 4592, the Blue Horsehead nebula. On the image’s left is a geometrically angled reflection nebula Sharpless 1. Here, the bright star near the dust vortex creates the light of surrounding reflection nebula.
- NASA Astronaut, Crewmates Return to Earth After 197-Day Mission in Space Thursday, 20 December, 2018Three members of the International Space Station’s Expedition 57 crew, including NASA astronaut Serena Auñón-Chancellor, returned to Earth Thursday, safely landing at 12:02 a.m. EST (11:02 a.m. local time) in Kazakhstan.
- NASA's InSight Takes Its First Selfie Tuesday, 11 December, 2018Two new image mosaics detail the lander's deck and "workspace" — the surface where it will eventually set down its science instruments.
- Remembering nature poet Mary Oliver Friday, 18 January, 2019In memory of Mary Oliver, a renowned nature poet.Olivia DeSmit
IMAGO DEI: Orang Asli are the indigenous people and the oldest inhabitants of Peninsular Malaysia. Officially, there are three main groups according to their different languages and customs: Semang or Negrito, generally confined to the northern portion of the peninsula; Senoi, residing in the central region; and, Proto-Malay or Aboriginal Malay, in the southern region.
- Turkey - Level 3: Reconsider Travel Wednesday, 16 January, 2019Last Update: Reissued after periodic review with changes to Level 4 areas and U.S. government restrictions on personnel. Reconsider travel to Turkey due to terrorism and arbitrary detentions. Some areas have increased risk. Read the entire Travel Advisory. Level 4 Areas - Do not travel to: Areas near the Syria and Iraq borders due to […]
- Venezuela - Level 3: Reconsider Travel Wednesday, 16 January, 2019Last Update: Reissued after periodic review with updates to information on consular access and neighborhoods within Caracas. Reconsider travel to Venezuela due to crime, civil unrest, poor health infrastructure, and arbitrary arrest and detention of U.S. citizens. Some areas have increased risk. Read the entire Travel Advisory. Do not travel: On roads after dark outside […]
THE FLAG OF PALAU: The flag of Palau was adopted on 1 January 1981, when the island group separated from the United Nations Trust Territory. Blue represents the ocean and the nation’s place within it. The off-centre disc represents the moon, a symbol of peace, love, and tranquility.
- USA Friday, 18 January, 2019Latest update: Summary - revised information on the partial Federal US government shutdown; some airports and forms of public transport are affected by the partial shutdown, while others continue to operate as normal; you should check before you travel; Summary and Natural disasters section - removal of information on previous hurricanes and wildfiresGOV.UK
- Zimbabwe Friday, 18 January, 2019Latest update: Summary - update to information and advice on widespread disruption in many areas of Zimbabwe in the week beginning 14 JanuaryGOV.UK
WORK OF ART: This ancient Byzantine Nativity picture, Mosaics of the Capella Palatina in Palermo, Sicily, has survived as a fresco made from coloured glass and stone fragments, on a high wall, and hence not subject to damp or vandals. Dated 1150 AD, the artist is simply labelled as Master of the Palace Chapel. Mary and Jesus are central in this composite picture, surrounded by singing angels, shepherds with gifts, the Three Wise Men, a perturbed Joseph waking from his dream of danger, and Salome and the midwife.
- (your) heart is in the right placeIf your heart is in the right place, you try to do the right thing, even if things don't always work out for the best.