WHAT TO READ NEXT:
Translate This Blog Into Your Own Language Here:
I Am That I Am
Our world's needs are enormous, and at times, overwhelming. We need to view them through God's compassionate eyes and heart. One of this Blog's aim is to bring a few of these intractable issues to our awareness for prayer, and if necessary, action.
- Psalm 1:1-2 Sunday, 19 November, 2017“[BOOK I Psalms 1–41] Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers, but whose delight is in the law of the LORD, and who meditates on his law day and night.”
Singapore Time +8 UTC
2017 Upcoming National Holidays
- 23: Thanksgiving Day (USA)
- 21: December Solstice
- 25: Christmas Day (Singapore, USA)
Most Popular Posts Today
- Living Life WithIn God’s Narrative posted on November 19, 2017 | under Reflections From Scripture
- Facial Disfigurement And Disability Hate Crime posted on July 27, 2015 | under Humanitarian
- Sweet Alyssum posted on November 19, 2017 | under Horticultural Wonders
- Jupiter’s Moon Ganymede Has a Salty Ocean with More Water than Earth posted on March 13, 2015 | under Astronomy
- Autumn Harvest At Gardens By The Bay (Part 2) posted on September 22, 2017 | under Horticultural Wonders
- Expert On School Shooters Interviewed posted on November 19, 2017 | under Psychology
- Photographs September 2017 3 posted on September 18, 2017 | under Art In All Its Forms
- NASA Launches NOAA Weather Satellite Aboard United Launch Alliance Rocket to Improve Forecasts Saturday, 18 November, 2017NASA has successfully launched for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) the first in a series of four highly advanced polar-orbiting satellites, equipped with next-generation technology and designed to improve the accuracy of U.S. weather forecasts out to seven days.
- NASA's Mars 2020 Mission Performs First Supersonic Parachute Test Tuesday, 14 November, 2017First flight tests of the mission's supersonic parachute have yielded dramatic video.
Work of Art
This 900 year-old antique Chinese Northern Song dynasty (960 to 1127 AD) porcelain bowl fetched $38 million at Sotheby’s on 3 October 2017. Blue-green brush washers are shallow porcelain bowls used in ancient China to clean calligraphy and paint brushes. These bowls were fired in the famous kilns of Ruzhou, in the central Chinese province of Henan. The Ru guanyao, or "ice crackle" style of the porcelain bowl is known for the cracked glaze's ability to reflect light; when pieces are pulled from kiln fires, and the different contractions of the pottery and the glaze cause cracks during the cooling process. Since 1940, only six Ru ceramics have appeared at auctions.
Bits & Pieces of World News TodayMy Tweets
- The Brexit Veto: How and Why Ireland Raised the Stakes Saturday, 18 November, 2017Tony Connelly, RTEOn Wednesday 8 November, Taoiseach Leo Varadkar startled the Dil by saying a breakthrough at the EU summit in December was "likely", allowing the Brexit negotiations to move to the future trading arrangements between the UK and the EU.
Koryaks are an indigenous people of the Russian Far East, who live north of the Kamchatka Peninsula and the coastlands of the Bering Sea. The Koryak language is part of the Chukotko-Kamchatkan language family. The coastal Koryak lifestyle is based on local fishing and marine mammal hunting. The inland Koryaks are reindeer herders and are more nomadic, following the herds as they graze with the seasons. According to the 2010 Russian census, there were 7,953 Koryaks.
- Green earthquake alert (Magnitude 5.9M, Depth:10km) in New Caledonia 19/11/2017 16:08 UTC, About 5000 people within 100km. Sunday, 19 November, 2017On 11/19/2017 4:08:06 PM, an earthquake occurred in New Caledonia potentially affecting About 5000 people within 100km. The earthquake had Magnitude 5.9M, Depth:10km.
National Flag of Iceland
The flag of Iceland was officially adopted on June 19, 1915. The cross design is modelled after the Danish flag. The colour red is said to symbolise the island's active volcanoes; white the ice and snow that covers most of the country, and blue is symbolic of the surrounding Atlantic Ocean.
- Watch - Mumps in New Zealand Thursday, 16 November, 2017Public health officials in New Zealand have reported an outbreak of mumps. CDC recommends that travelers to New Zealand protect themselves by making sure they are vaccinated against mumps.
- Alert - Hurricanes Irma and Maria in the Caribbean Tuesday, 14 November, 2017Beginning on September 6, 2017, Hurricane Irma crossed the Caribbean, followed on September 16 by Hurricane Maria. These storms caused severe damage in a number of countries and territories, including Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, the Bahamas, the British Virgin Islands, Cuba, Dominica, the Dominican Republic, Guadeloupe, Haiti, Martinique, Puerto Rico, Saint Barthelemy, Saint Martin, Sint […]
- Watch - Measles in Indonesia Monday, 13 November, 2017Health officials in Australia, Canada, and Taiwan have reported several cases of measles in travelers returning from Indonesia, including the island of Bali. CDC recommends that travelers to Indonesia protect themselves by making sure they are vaccinated against measles.
- North Korea Travel Warning Friday, 10 November, 2017The Department of State strongly warns U.S. citizens not to travel to North Korea/the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (DPRK).Due to the serious and mounting risk of arrest and long-term detention of U.S. citizens, effective September 1, 2017, U.S. passports were invalidated for travel into, in, or through North Korea. Persons who wish to travel […]
- Niger Travel Warning Monday, 30 October, 2017The U.S. Department of State warns U.S. citizens of the risks of travel to Niger due to terrorist activity, kidnappings, and high crime.The Department recommends U.S. citizens avoid travel to Niger’s border regions, particularly the Malian border area, the Libyan border area, the Diffa region, and Lake Chad Basin area because of activity by various […]
- Venezuela Travel Warning Tuesday, 24 October, 2017The Department of State warns U.S. citizens to avoid travel to Venezuela due to concerns regarding violent crime, pervasive food and medicine shortages, and social unrest.Effective October 23, 2017, ordered departure of eligible family members of U.S. government personnel posted to the U.S. Embassy in Caracas and authorized departure of U.S. direct-hire government personnel was […]
Cuyahoga Valley National Park
- United Arab Emirates Sunday, 19 November, 2017Safety and security section – Political Situation Following recent missile launches into Saudi Arabia from Yemen, claims have been made in public media suggesting that there may also be attempts to target missiles at the UAE. In the event of any incidents, you should monitor local media reports and follow the advice of the local […]GOV.UK
- Zimbabwe Sunday, 19 November, 2017Summary - the political situation in Harare remains uncertain and there continues to be a military presence in and around the city; this doesn't appear to have been replicated in other parts of the country. You should continue to exercise caution when travelling around the capital. You should avoid large gatherings and any demonstrations.GOV.UK
- USA Friday, 17 November, 2017Summary – removal of information about restrictions on the carriage of electronic items on flights departing to the US from a number of countries in the Middle East and North Africa region, which have now been lifted by the US Department of Homeland SecurityGOV.UK
- Travel Notice for Zimbabwe [18 November 2017] Friday, 17 November, 2017Given recent political developments in Zimbabwe and the uncertain situation in Harare, Singaporeans should reconsider the need to travel there. Singaporeans in Zimbabwe should take necessary precautions for your personal safety, heed the instructions of the local authorities, and closely monitor the local news. You should remain vigilant and avoid public gatherings and crowded places. […]
- Overseas Travel - Be Informed & Be Safe [18 November 2017] Friday, 17 November, 2017
- Travel Notice for Tunisia [Updated: 17 November 2017] Thursday, 16 November, 2017Following a series of fatal attacks on locals and foreigners in Tunisia, the Tunisian government had declared a state of emergency on 25 November 2015. The state of emergency was recently extended to 12 February 2018. The decree empowers the authorities to prohibit strikes and gatherings that might provoke disorder, and to temporarily close theatres […]
The above-mentioned health notices and travel advices only indicate the most recent announcements. To see their complete lists, click on the respective government department’s (orange) heading.
The Human Brain
Your brain starts slowing down at the ripe old age of 24, but peaks for different cognitive skills at different ages. In fact, at any given age, you’re likely getting better at some things and worse at others. An extreme case is vocabulary skills which may peak as late as the early 70s!
- The emotional challenges of student veterans and more education research Friday, 17 November, 2017Research highlights from APA's psychology and education blog.
- Generous people 'listen to their hearts,' quite literally Saturday, 18 November, 2017New research measures interoception, or people's ability to 'listen' to their bodies, and their willingness to give away money. The heart plays a key role.
Leafy Sea Dragon
- Cinderella, Cinderella Friday, 17 November, 2017We all know the story of Cinderella: a girl who toils in obscurity, until one day she is invited to a ball and discovered by a prince, finding her happily ever after. But what does that have to do with wildlife, aside from the fact that Cinderella’s best friends were mice?Randy
- Seaweed Sorting? There’s Now an App for That! Thursday, 16 November, 2017“What is that squishy brown stuff on the rock?” – said every tidepool enthusiast ever. Just in time for the low winter tides, the brilliant minds of the Martone Lab out of University of British Columbia have come to the rescue (just in case you needed one more reason to love Canadia). With over 100 different […]Alex Warneke
- luminousThe Buzzword of the Day for 11/19/2017 is:luminous (adjective) \LOO-muh-nus\ What does it mean? 1 : giving off light : shining2 : being lightedHow do you use it? My mom might have hit a cat that ran out in front of her car last night, but she was able to stop in time when she […]
Gregory of Sinai on the New Man In Christ
If we do not learn what we were created by God, we shall not know what we have become through sin.
- China Tells Christians to Replace Images of Jesus with Communist PresidentPropaganda effort in poor province latest sign of Xi Jinping consolidating control. Thousands of Christian villagers in China have been told to take down displays of Jesus, crosses, and gospel passages from their homes as part of a government propaganda effort to “transform believers in religion into believers in the party.” The South China Morning […]Kate Shellnutt
Pray for Christians in Syria
CONTINUING PERSECUTION & FORCED RECRUITMENT PREVENTING BELIEVERS RETURNING TO ALEPPO. Click on the image to access more information.
Pray for the Persecuted Church
Click on the image to access Facebook's ICHTHUS page for further information.